Light-O-Rama Forums

transmitter problems... Please Help

cvlrs2000

Guys I am sorry for all the hassle I have been putting up here but I am having some major issues with my transmitter and very new to all this. I talked to some people and they said a transmitter by the name of mobile black box works great. I received it and it will only transmit up to 75 feet. I am trying to contact the company and see what the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could get to replace it and be able to get before next wednesday??? please help!!!!

thanks Jeremy

Hey, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

I know someone in Colorado Springs who likes his mobile blackbox ... it's a slick looking little transmitter.

Do you have fresh batteries in it?

If your looking for a replacement transmitter ...

I have few EDM LCD transmitters in stock ... and I'd be glad to sell you one. These transmitters are making a lot of members happy in 2008. We have a LOT of Ramsey converts and converts.

You can view my EDM page on my web site for my details.
http://www.rockinchristmas.com/ ... then click on 'EDM Sale' ...

I can ship you an assembled, pre-tested unit in 3 days time ... and the EDM is first class transmitter that you won't ever have to replace. Two years warranty from EDM on it and their support is second to none.

Regards,
Scott

What kind of antenna are you running? Not familiar with the black box, what kind of antenna attachment does it have? Search hear and on Planet Christmas for antenna and you will get all kinds of useful information.

I hope you have the V6000 ... because the other (earlier) mobileblackbox models are all terrible (from what others have told me). Only the V6000 has any good reviews at all. Even the V5000 was lousy.

THe v6000 is about the size of a deck of cards.

Thanks --

$199 shipped - EDM LCD kit

$219 shipped - EDM LCD assembled & tested

I do 3 day shipping ... so last minute orders ok.

I only have about 4-5 left.

Scott

hey besides trying to save a couple bucks I would like to look at building this kit. Does it come with everything needed is it ver hard. also could you email me your phone number so I could talk to you. myemail is cvlrs2000@hotmail.com. Thanks for your help

I have the black box transmitter & have no problems with it. I am getting between 400-500', but I also bought the longer anteena & have it outside the garage so no house walls to obstruct the signal.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Question: I got a whole House transmitter, Gold style- Can I extend the anttenna to take it out father, I was reading and the right now my anttenna is to close to my computer, I have bought 6ft. extenders to try to get it away from my computer, Do you think I could convert the head phone jack to RCA's run it about 50ft. to my attic and convert it back down to head phone jack and plug it in, Just Not sure, My station is static, Any good suggestions....

thanks and Keep those lights going

jason

I too had problems with the GoldCase version of the Whole House Trans. Poor range thru a single wall, lots of static, etc. Tried moving it higher in the house and even moving it outside. Range stayed near the 50-75 ft mark and the static decreased a little. Keep in mind I'm located in metro Chicago with very little available bandwidth within the WHTs' tuner range. I did not try replacing the antenna since it seemed to work fine early on. My mistake for not testing it under show conditions.

I finally threw in the towel at the last minute (after reading the forum) and bought a Ramsey FM25B. Assembled in 8 hours and works well enough for me. Range is approx 150 ft using the supplied antenna, no static and much more available bandwidth for my area. I would have gone with the EDM, but not enough time (Dec 3rd) to get one here and running. Plan to add a Dipole external antenna next year for a tad more range and stronger signal.