Light-O-Rama Forums

Error 8002

Lightnewbie

Hi guys, I’m getting error 8002 when I start up my computer. I only get it when I start up my computer and I don’t have my USB485 adapter and controller connected. When they are connected I don’t get this error. The error started when I hit “Enable Show” without having my controller or adapter connected to my computer. I have downloaded and installed the USB FTID driver again from LOR website. Do I need to uninstall the driver and reinstall? When I have my adapter connected and open my device manager I see that com 5 is showing  it seems like when I’m not connected LOR is looking for my adapter at com 5 and trying to run my show  how do I stop it from doing that? 

999D4885-7B5D-4FC0-935E-95113F053C75.jpeg

Edited by Lightnewbie

That will do it.  If you have "Enable Show" and there is no USB to RS-485 adapter plugged in for every LOR network, you will get that error.

9 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

That will do it.  If you have "Enable Show" and there is no USB to RS-485 adapter plugged in for every LOR network, you will get that error.

Anyway to make it stop? I guess in my situation it’s not necessarily an error that is effecting my show. 

If you really are intending to have the computer ready to run your show when scheduled when it starts up, plug in the USB to RS-485 adapter or adapters if you havw more than one LOR network.  If you are not expecting to have the computer ready to run a show, uncheck the "Enable schedule"

I don't get that error, but the comm listener will run in an endless loop UNTIL I attach my USB adapters to the computer, even if I don't have any controllers or adapters attached, things won't work because those are also set in the NP.  Perhaps if the NP was cleared and had nothing in it, every com port set to none, you might be able to bypass that issue.  But I don't know, for one thing, if the adapters aren't connected and things ARE NOT identified properly in the NP to match your sequences, you might not get the SE to run properly or at all if Control Lights is checked in the SE.  Just know in S4, if things are NOT set in the NP that matches with the SE, I can't use the Visualizer to verify my singing LOR trees are sequenced properly.  Same with any other controller, com port and network they are on.  IF the sequence and NP don't match EXACTLY, things just don't work.

I just leave my LOR USB485 adapters attached to my computer at all times, then I don't have any issues.   But you MUST have an adapter for each network in use, 4 networks WILL require 4 adapters.  However, I figured out a work-around for that issue, I have two channel config files, as I only have 2 adapters, the older black USB485B and a Red HS adapter, so I have a normal channel config that is used with my N4-G4 Director and another one that has my Black Adapter set as Regular and the Red HS adapter set as 500K, Enhanced, Aux A for ALL my RGB Controllers, then the Control Lights and Visualizer works fine, but when I am NOT testing the sequence, I have to go into the tools area and reset each set of Controllers back to their original Network settings, my CCB100D's are on Aux A, my Pixie2's {LOR Singing Trees} are on Aux B, and my Pixie16 is on Aux C, so I just load my N4-G4 Channel Config and it puts everything back to normal show use for my Director.

Just some added info, whether this is beneficial to S5, I can't say, I'm learning that one, but have not used it enough to know its fundamentals as yet.

• The topic was locked