Light-O-Rama Forums

PIXCON16 Setup Troubleshooting

tmschoaf

I have a PIXCON16 controller that I used last year for a pixel tree that I am converting to use for a matrix application.  I am running the S5 version v5.6.6 of software.  The board is a PIXCON16 MKII V1.0 with firmware at V.2.0.13.

I have a standalone desktop pc, not connected to internet with firewall disabled.  The PC has an IP address set to 192.168.0.10.  I am able to run the Network Preferences software and I am able to see the PIXCON controller when I run "Find/Configure PixCon16".  I am able to change the static IP address from default of 192.168.0.50 to another value.  Currently it is set at 192.168.0.60.  I can change it to say 192.168.0.55 and it will show up as that IP when trying to find it.

I used the troubleshooting guide and followed every single step in order.

I have gone through all of the settings Network, Control and LEDs and all settings are correct.

Power light is GREEN and STATUS is solid red.

When I go to Test tab the default is None (Live Data).  The metal jack on the controller has a solid green light and there is a flashing yellow light.

Once I try to test say RED, immediately the controller STATUS light starts flashing fastly and no lights turn on.  When I return it to None (Live Data) Status returns to solid RED.

Anyone have any ideas on why the test function would not be working?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated as this seems very straightforward with my setup of one computer on an island connected to one controller directly.

Thank you.

Tom

• This topic was locked and unlocked