Light-O-Rama Forums

Where does LOR S5 put preview files

Art

I have created a preview file on my S5 software and all works.  I am trying to find the file on my computer and can't help please. 

It's in an XML file in your main LOR data folder.

If you are trying to copy it to another machine, I would recommend exporting the preview to a file, then importing it on the new machine. Note: If you have your LOR Folder on a cloud drive, the updates will be on the other machine already.

Close.  It's in a folder called "CommonData" under your main LOR folder.  The file is LORPreviews.xml  I would agree with Don that generally exporting the one preview that you need is likely better.  Over time, you will end up with many previews and most do not need to be spread around.

Edited by k6ccc

Thanks but what I am trying to do is get this preview to someone who is running S4 so he is expecting a .lee file any ideas.  He is doing some sequencing work for me.

You can't export Previews to .lee files.

The other person will need to set it up manually on their end. When you get the sequence from them, you will have to convert it to S5.

Your profile says you are running S5. Have you upgraded to S5? Might want to update your profile if so.

For the most part, S5 was a substantial change in a bunch of file formats.  S5 will read and can process older files, but the older versions can not read the new S5 files.  Think about it this way.  S4 (or earlier) knows nothing of Preview files or loredit files, so they simply have no way to process the data from S5.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 9:40 AM, k6ccc said:

Close.  It's in a folder called "CommonData" under your main LOR folder.  The file is LORPreviews.xml  I would agree with Don that generally exporting the one preview that you need is likely better.  Over time, you will end up with many previews and most do not need to be spread around.

I had to "import" many backgrounds - and want to delete those with the "imported from..." prefixes versions, so I only keep the active one. Is there any LOR tool to delete those backgrounds no longer wanted ?  I don't want to edit their xml file and mess my system up.

Thank you for your help.

Hugh Tebault

Edited by htebault

Do you really mean backgounds (as in a photo of your house) or do you mean previews?

If you really mean Previews, open sequencer, On the pullout tab on the right for Previews, there is a big red X that will delete previews.  That DOES NOT know if there are any songs using that Preview, so use with caution.  However the "Imported from..." ones are pretty easy.  Look at the song and make sure it is using your "normal" preview and then you can safely delete the "Imported from..." preview.