Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas music on the radio!

Mark h2o

My wife called me yesterday at work to tell me a local radio station has already switched over to playing Christmas music 24 - 7.

Then tonight we took a drive through our neighborhood and saw about a dozen or more houses with their Christmas displays on.

This is really starting to put me in the Christmas spirit! I'm glad about that because I just got back from spending $$$$ on extension cords!

The wifey mentioned the same thing to me. I was in such the mood last night that I let the sequences run for 2 1/2hrs just as a "test". :P

I may move my start date up to this Friday instead of Thanksgiving... not sure though.

-Jeff

Wow, is it me or does it seem like Christmas is starting earlier over the years?

Or maybe the LOR bug has me noticing it more.

I may move my start date up to this Friday instead of Thanksgiving... not sure though.

-Jeff

Ya, at this point with everyone getting into it I'm not sure if I can wait until Thanksgiving either.

I guess only having the display half up so far will dictate when it gets turned on.

Nah, it isn't you. I have noticed it seems to start sooner and sooner each year. I think this year is a special exception because the economy is so bad. So they want people to start shopping and getting into the mood sooner in hopes we will spend more money. It's the way the commercial markets brainwashes us to spend money sooner and more often with special sales.

Ha,ha,

Well it's working because I just bought more extension cord this morning!

Boy is the wife happy with me:shock:

SPT-1 in bulk my friend with vampire plugs. That is the cheapest and easiest way to go when it comes to ext cords. I am trying to find the bookmark I have for the place I ordered from for Halloween.

EDIT, Here is the site. At the bottom you can buy 500' of SPT for $130 which is what ext cords are made of and C9 strings. I didn't get my vampire plugs there though, I found them cheaper else where.

http://www.lights-alive.com/elect_wire.html

Guest wbottomley

Texan78 wrote:

SPT-1 in bulk my friend with vampire plugs. That is the cheapest and easiest way to go when it comes to ext cords. I am trying to find the bookmark I have for the place I ordered from for Halloween.

EDIT, Here is the site. At the bottom you can buy 500' of SPT for $130 which is what ext cords are made of and C9 strings. I didn't get my vampire plugs there though, I found them cheaper else where.

HOLY COW! That's expensive.

I had a guy to post a deal on SCL where you could get 1000ft spool for $79.95 plus free shipping.

Texan78 wrote:

Holly crap. That guy pretty much doubles the price on everything.

Yea they are fairly high on some things but they sell nothing but quality products. The SPT they sell have a weatherproofing coating that is suppose to make it last longer supposedly.

I saw the post the last night about the 1000' for $79 + free shipping. That is definitely a good deal. I would be curious if it is good quality. I know last year someone was selling some around that price and it was cheap wire and had knicks in the shielding. If you have some let me know about the quality because I need to get some more. I am having a hard time finding some good quality vampire plugs. Currently I just go to a supply warehouse and buy the ones like below. I like to solid connections. Kinda pricey but peace of mind of a solid connection.

7171_300.jpg