Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights around windows?

Sam house

Hey guys,

I’m wanting to clean up my installation of my c7’s around my windows.  They are spaced every 6”.  Do you prefer hot glue or the Or the 1/2” PVC  route?

I use Pixel Mounting Strip - just slightly enlarge the mounting hole in the strip to accommodate the C7 Bulb base at any given spacing

• Like 2

I prefer the PVC route but I do have dumb RGB ribbons though. Once they are made only takes 20 mins to install them year after year.

• Like 1

First year newbie using LOR myself, but have been actively reading (trolling) the forums to get ideas and learn how everything works together.  I've been quiet so far, but feel this is an answer I am finally comfortable chiming in with.    

I went the 1/2" PVC pipe route this year for my C7 LED lights w/ 6" spacing around windows.  I created the frames using (4) 1/2" PVC pipes and (4) 90 Degree Elbows.  (I do not glue joints together in order to allow breakdown and storage in the off season) I then wrap the lights around the PVC pipe with 1 wrap around the pipe between each bulb which reduces the spacing to 5" between bulbs and zip tie on each side of each bulb to secure to PVC.  I use male/female vampire plugs for start and stop of each section also allowing for breakdown and storage.  I then connect the PVC to the house using 3/4" PEX pipe snap in holders that are screwed into the trim surrounding the windows.   I'll have to take a few pictures when I get home tonight to show what I am talking about.

Here’s the photos of a corner section of my window frames to show how I have them going together and attaching to the house.

1F83FB50-1590-4F5A-B79E-5CC1922EAA20.jpeg

6D734830-6725-4EE8-A971-B86B1993E34F.jpeg