Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems creating File for Show Director

JAF

Yea, it was set for the correct time (am or pm).  There are no stupid questions by the way.  I put the card in at 10 am and the show was supposed to start at 5pm.  It said 2-01 immediately after it flashed init. It said that until I unplugged it at about 5:30 today and never came on.  The light in the controller was solid and not flashing so something was communication with it.   The schedule was in what was written to the card since I did it in the hub and not from the controller.       

• 1 month later...

This was driving me bonkers. I was attempting to create a Show2 to silently run a sequence from 10:01 PM to 7:30 AM. I was trying every combination of deleting old files (LORInternal\Playback and SD card), reformatting SD card, rebooting, changing schedule times, not overlapping midnight. It always worked with Show1 using the default times provided (5 PM to 10 PM), but any time I changed the start or end time the displayed schedule in HUB would go a little wonky, displaying some gobbledy gook in the displayed schedule and the download to SD would consistently fail. The problem: I was typing the start and end times in the dialog (correctly, I might add), instead of choosing the times from the drop down lists. The FIX (for me): choose start and end times only using the drop down lists. Works every time now.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KBuc said:

This was driving me bonkers. I was attempting to create a Show2 to silently run a sequence from 10:01 PM to 7:30 AM. I was trying every combination of deleting old files (LORInternal\Playback and SD card), reformatting SD card, rebooting, changing schedule times, not overlapping midnight. It always worked with Show1 using the default times provided (5 PM to 10 PM), but any time I changed the start or end time the displayed schedule in HUB would go a little wonky, displaying some gobbledy gook in the displayed schedule and the download to SD would consistently fail. The problem: I was typing the start and end times in the dialog (correctly, I might add), instead of choosing the times from the drop down lists. The FIX (for me): choose start and end times only using the drop down lists. Works every time now.  

Having to use Pulldowns to set values is one of the things in S4 that annoys me.  I want to set a LOR ID to 54 I can't just type 5 and have it jump to that ares, where I refine the scroll or type 4)

I came from a MSDOS era where we did not have a mouse (or mouse support) for many apps. Tab Tab type   (BTW that still works on many modern forms in use today)

Tab Tab Type should probably be my user name, but too late. BTW, that dialog does allow Tab Tab Type and it's implemented well, the tab ordering is correct, but there appears to be a bug. Even though you can type numeric values in the text field accompanying each drop down, it doesn't handle the values typed in correctly. 

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been on for a while.  Interesting about typing in vs using the pull-down menu.  I think I tried it both ways, but if I left the times alone it did work.  Hmmmmm.  I did punt and use my PC this year because the director just didn't work.   I am going to open a ticket and see what they say. 

Thanks - I hope everyone had a great holiday! 

My director...first year using one worked flawlessly after the first one power failed within 2 weeks. The only issues I had were self inflicked. And learning what could/couldnot  be done.