Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums

Do it yourself pixel strips


Timothy

Recommended Posts

I'm looking to make my own arches as it seems everyone is out. Anyone know what kind of connectors the pixie 4 controllers use? Also, has anyone used the 12V Alitove rgb strings, like as seen on amazon?

Anyone know where I can get the connectors that the pixie4 uses?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Timothy said:

I'm looking to make my own arches as it seems everyone is out. Anyone know what kind of connectors the pixie 4 controllers use? Also, has anyone used the 12V Alitove rgb strings, like as seen on amazon?

Anyone know where I can get the connectors that the pixie4 uses?

Tinned leads to the ALL PIXIE boards. Your choice the other end (the one that goes to the lights). Do avoid a rabbit hole by using a mish-mash of connectors. OTOH once you go down a path, you are pretty much in bed with that source. There are a few vendors who offer srings with <vend> style cords. I use 3 pin for Smart, 4 pin for dumb and I only have 12V stuff. If you go for a mix, be sure the connectors do NOT mate (save the smoke)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Yea, I was planning on doing the same thing. Nor do I plan on doing anything less than 12V as well. 

I chose HC system because it was a system. Important to me was there were Caps and Plugs for all unused connections. Currently there are still 3 controller boxes(some have both Pixie and a CMB24) that have only a few strings still (will be also used for Xmas) connected while I pack  and the start unpacking the next season. As soon as I disconnect, a Plug is fitted into the open end. Let it RAIN any time. the connections are dry. Daisy chainable props have caps at the last end

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

I chose HC system because it was a system. Important to me was there were Caps and Plugs for all unused connections. Currently there are still 3 controller boxes(some have both Pixie and a CMB24) that have only a few strings still (will be also used for Xmas) connected while I pack  and the start unpacking the next season. As soon as I disconnect, a Plug is fitted into the open end. Let it RAIN any time. the connections are dry. Daisy chainable props have caps at the last end

I have never used caps on open ends however I do zip tie them hanging down. Never had any connection problems.

JR

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Timothy said:

Also, has anyone used the 12V Alitove rgb strings, like as seen on amazon?

Yes, they are actually 28 watts/string of 50 pixels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jimehc said:

Yes, they are actually 28 watts/string of 50 pixels

How did they perform? They had them on amazon 500 pixels for $150.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

How did they perform? They had them on amazon 500 pixels for $150.

They are fine. They are actually Paul Zhang 

They probably won’t be delivered until January though.

Pixels are in high demand now

May be easier to get without the ends on them though, but then you have to find the ends.

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also just ordered a few more 100 and received in two days - and no issue - all my house outlines and many trees use those pixels..

And to add to that outta 5000 pixels - I had 1 bad one................

And there is another brand "WESIRI" that actually has 18w low wattage strings

Edited by Jimehc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...