Light-O-Rama Forums

Need ELOR

Lightnewbie

Hi all, 

I have a CTB16PC and 2 original CCR controllers that I plan to daisy chain and use one network. I will be using a N2-G4 to control my show. I have a standard software subscription. Do I need to use ELOR for my network or will 57.6k be ok for the RGBs in the CCR? 

4 minutes ago, Lightnewbie said:

Hi all, 

I have a CTB16PC and 2 original CCR controllers that I plan to daisy chain and use one network. I will be using a N2-G4 to control my show. I have a standard software subscription. Do I need to use ELOR for my network or will 57.6k be ok for the RGBs in the CCR? 

I would say NO to ELOR, but you should crank up the speed to the highest, THE SLOWEST CONTROLLER allowes

• Like 1

Just now, TheDucks said:

I would say NO to ELOR, but you should crank up the speed to the highest, THE SLOWEST CONTROLLER allowes

Ok cool. That makes sense. Thank you. 

Older CTB16PC's {G1 V1 or G1 V2} controllers run fine at 115.4k  Been running my oldr G1 V2 CTB16PC's at that speed for years, as well as I always used 192K with my Directors, however the newer N2-N4 and N4-G4 can use 320K CBR MP3 files just fine.  Been using them for around a couple of years now at that setting in my N4-G4 Director, so far, none have been an issue.  Just the higher rate makes for a larger MP3 file, but that hasn't been an issue for me, as yet.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:49 AM, Lightnewbie said:

Hi all, 

Just to clear another confusion. (Besides ELOR only available on Pro). 

Speed and ELOR are not interdependent. You can use it at any speed. What IS dependent is ALL members of THAT network must allow ELOR. (Gen 1 and 2 AC do not)

Another issue I have heard of: No interactive trigger devices on a ELOR network. Those must be on a standard network  or direct attached to the Director (if supported) terminals

12 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Another issue I have heard of: No interactive trigger devices on a ELOR network.

Correct.  There can only be one sending device on an Enhanced LOR network, and that is either the computer or Director that is controlling the show.  If someone wants a more detailed answer on that one, I can give it.