Light-O-Rama Forums

Whole House Transmitter wiring

DarthVodka

Hey gang I am making/have made some big changes to my show setup this year. 

For one thing I am building an audio box that has a 12v Mean Well and a power distribution board, hooked up to that I have a small amplifier for some outdoor speakers. I am also running a dual channel timed relay switch so the speakers can be turned on via push button by pedestrians for a given amount of time. Sorry I am getting sidetracked. I have a Whole House FM Transmitter 3.0. and I would like to included it in the audio box. Can it be wired up to run directly off of the Mean Well?

The Whole room transmitter comes with a 12V power supply, but you could wire it to any 12V ps if you wanted to. Double check the voltage on the stock supply before you do though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

The Whole room transmitter comes with a 12V power supply, but you could wire it to any 12V ps if you wanted to. Double check the voltage on the stock supply before you do though.

Just pay attention to Polarity (center pin)  You can buy just the plugs (used by security cameras) that have screw terminals and are marked +/-

16 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

The Whole House Transmitter 3.0 is 5 Volt and comes with a Car 12v Power Adapter

Well, you could use a Buck (12V->5V) regulator. I suspect it would add power noise, which is not desired on Audio stuff