Light-O-Rama Forums

Conversion from S4 to S5 Pixie16D Ribbon Tree - Issue port/ribbon 16 dim

jmraider

Now my other issue which I think is a programming/conversion issue with my tree. Ribbon #16, which is the last ribbon, is dim for the most part, it does function as far as motion, but is dim.  However, it is only dim for sequences that I converted from S4 to S5.  New sequences that I did this year in S5 I have no problem with ribbon #16, it is bright and functions fine.  I did use SS for all of my pixie tree sequences in S4, however in S5 I have not used SS, and either purchased pixel tree or designed my own.

Here is what I did during the conversion process from S4 to S5

After doing the initial conversion process I did the following:

GO to line: Pixel Tree Ribbon > open +

Delta symbol shows select row (lt click) (Effects row)

Clear/delete row

SAVE LMS as Loreedit

(rt click) Insert SS – takes you to SS –

Open SS file seq (use tool bar) - Click on SUP file matching the song

Close SS click through warnings

In sequence click yes if asked

Row (delta) will turn white

Select 3 rows above ribbons 1-16, 1-8, 9-16

(rt) Clear/delete

SAVE  TEST

The above is the process I used, I am assuming I did something wrong, is there an easy fix or do I need to go back through all of the sequences and  follow the process again, but make some sort of change that I did not do?  Any help would be appreciated.  Again this is only an issue with converting from S4 to S5.

Jim

Yes when I watch it in the Preview screen it displays all ribbons lite up fine, I even made the pixel tree bigger in the preview screen so I could see every ribbon clearly.  I noticed this issue when I set up my tree in the garage to test it and #16 was not bright, however the first set of nodes were OK. 

Jim

The three rows are actually below, they are listed as:

Pixel Tree Ribbons
Pixel Tree 1-16
Pixel Tree 1-8
Pixel Tree 9-16

The top row is Pixel Tree ribbons, then I expand that row to get to the delta symbol  "Effects Superstar"

The person who worked with me in showing me how to do this showed me told me to clear any data in those rows.

One other piece to the puzzle, when I first plugged in my tree I noticed that ribbons/ports 9-12 were not ON, but they did show in the preview aas being on.  I then looked at the unit number  and discovered that in SS the following was originally set up in S4

0D to 1C
but when I looked inside preview in S5 after it converted it changed the numbers:
0D to 14 = Ribbons 1-8
19-20 = Ribbons 9-16

I changed the unit numbers in the Preview to match SS (0D to 1C) and thus ribbons 9-12 worked, however 16 has an issue now :

0D to 14 = 1-8 Ribbons
15 to 1C = 9-16 ribbons

Thus ribbon #16 would only show dimly, except the first few nodes on the ribbon, which are bright.   Maybe this will help you figure out what happened.  I do have to say all of my new sequences I did in S5 work fine.  So I am puzzled too.; I did include a screen print of my unit numbers from the preview screen.  Keep in mind that #16 works fine in any new sequences I did for this year in S5.

Hope this helps solve the mystery

Jim

unit number pixel.docx

I don't know why it would do that. I'm thinking it would be best to remote into your computer and see things first hand. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com

Have you attempted to “not convert” an S5 sequence by opening the S4 sequence and skipping through the mismatched Ect.?

Copy paste your old sequence to your S5 grid view.

Once done just  lose the S4 sequence without saving.

Just to see if that works.

JR