Light-O-Rama Forums

Colored Floods

poorotis

So I went with the RGB floods rather than the tree as I may need time to work on a custom tree as it would need to be rather large to be seen from the road.

Upgraded to Basic Plus still with 16 channel (may upgrade next year to 16 more), but for now want to add the floods.

Currently use all 16 channels for the various string sets. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Assuming dumb RGB floods ( https://store.lightorama.com/rgbfl10wa.html )  For RGB floods, you will need a DC controller.  Generally that would be a CMB24D which will drive eight RGB channel sets.  That controller would be connected to the LOR network that your existing 16 channel AC controller is using (either plug a cable into the AC controller and run that to one of the RJ45 connectors, or put the new controller first in line - i.e. Director or computer > CMB24D > AC controller).  The additional controller would be set for Unit ID 02 (assuming your existing controller is ID 01).

LOR has packages that have the floods and controller on this page:  https://store.lightorama.com/pl50wrgbandu.html

53 minutes ago, poorotis said:

So I went with the RGB floods rather than the tree as I may need time to work on a custom tree as it would need to be rather large to be seen from the road.

Upgraded to Basic Plus still with 16 channel (may upgrade next year to 16 more), but for now want to add the floods.

Currently use all 16 channels for the various string sets. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What Floods? LOR sells 2 types of RGB floods, Neither work with a 16 Channel AC controller. Did you buy a Ready to Go package (Case, PSU, CMB24 controller and floods?)

I have the 50 Watt Cosmic Color Floods with dedicated DC power. The LOR website indicates that I can daisy chain them together and use the LOR 16 Channel AC controller to trigger them! 

Am I missing something.

1 hour ago, poorotis said:

I have the 50 Watt Cosmic Color Floods with dedicated DC power. The LOR website indicates that I can daisy chain them together and use the LOR 16 Channel AC controller to trigger them! 

Am I missing something.

CF50 floods are self contain controllers.  Each one uses a LOR ID (If assigned a duplicate of another flood, it will mimic that, but it does not count as another ID)

Yes, you can daisy chain them off your AC controller, but it has no other effect on them. Your Basic plus license is for 4 LOR ID's (01-04)

The 50W CCF are the best investment I ever made. They do a great job of filling so much space on my home. And as stated no special connections. I did however get a second dongle to run them off of and set up a second network. My pixels are on my third network.

• Like 1

Jim,

There are 3 cat connections inside my 16 Channel LOR. One of which I connect my computer via the cat 5 and the dongle, The one seems smaller and the other is the large cat 5. after I daisy chain them together with cat 5. Do in then plug it in to that connection? 

Also how do I add them into my current 16 channel sequences?

Just use the two Cat 5 RJ 45's. (The larger ones) It doesn't matter which one you use as the in or out. They both work the same. The smaller one is a phone style cable jack.

• The topic was locked