Light-O-Rama Forums

Read to Go (RTG) LOR Sequence

Durty

I just finished making a sequence of my own (took forever...) and I decided I'd like to try a pre-made one from the Sequence Store.  Seems like $25 isn't much considering how many hours I spent on the one I did.

Anyway, not to sound too harsh (I like to leave room open for my stupidity)...but the directions that came with the RTG sequence don't really tell you how to get this into an actual show.  I opened it in the Sequencer and everything is locked (which makes sense) but it's showing a stock photo house (not my house).  Where in the world do I go from here?  I have only one AC controller and I don't understand the directions because it goes from downloading the file directly to assigning groups.  I have no idea what I'm doing.

Please help, thanks.

33 minutes ago, Durty said:

I just finished making a sequence of my own (took forever...) and I decided I'd like to try a pre-made one from the Sequence Store.  Seems like $25 isn't much considering how many hours I spent on the one I did.

That is part of why I purchase most of my sequences for my Pixel Tree.  Then use their colors and patterns for the rest of my yard.  Even if I pay $60 for a sequence, if it saves me 100 hours, that is well worth the money.  I can make the software do what I want, but lack the artistic creativity to know what I want it to do.

Can't help you on the LOR sequences as that is not what I use (I use Pixel tree sequences in SuperStar format).

1 hour ago, Durty said:

Anyway, not to sound too harsh (I like to leave room open for my stupidity)...but the directions that came with the RTG sequence don't really tell you how to get this into an actual show.  I opened it in the Sequencer and everything is locked (which makes sense) but it's showing a stock photo house (not my house).  Where in the world do I go from here?  I have only one AC controller and I don't understand the directions because it goes from downloading the file directly to assigning groups.  I have no idea what I'm doing.

Please help, thanks.

I am with you on that!!!!!. Bought six last year that actually ran pretty well on the lights as i just randomly plugged them into the 16 channels. Started writing one and took a bit, but slowly figured it out along with some cut and paste! Can not imagine how some of these artist do what they do with all the whistle and bells along with 200 or 300 channels!! Simply bizarre!  

4 hours ago, poorotis said:

I am with you on that!!!!!. Bought six last year that actually ran pretty well on the lights as i just randomly plugged them into the 16 channels. Started writing one and took a bit, but slowly figured it out along with some cut and paste! Can not imagine how some of these artist do what they do with all the whistle and bells along with 200 or 300 channels!! Simply bizarre!  

The more channels I had the easier it was.

Less limits and less copying effects.

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The RTG (Ready To Go) sequences are encrypted (Locked) and you can not Edit or Copy from that sequence... You must select the YCM (You Can Modify) option to get a sequence you can actually do something with..

Thank you, but even before programming as I am currently putting up my lights do I daisy chain the power then plug into one channel, do I plug each light into 3 different channels or do I power them with an external power source separate from the LOR.

13 minutes ago, poorotis said:

Thank you, but even before programming as I am currently putting up my lights do I daisy chain the power then plug into one channel, do I plug each light into 3 different channels or do I power them with an external power source separate from the LOR.

1 hour ago, poorotis said:

If you are talking about LOR AC controllers 

Each controller has to have power

When connecting your lights you can for example connect as much as yiu may want to any given port , using multiple ports for a certain prop can net you more color variations depending on which colors you purchase.

You can connect the pixel tree controller to the same network since you don’t have that many controllers and at one time I had 38 ac controllers and 1 pixie on one channel.

Each cord hanging down numbered 1-16 is a seperate channel for the AC controller.

Each cable hanging down from the pixel controller is called a port- each port will have a seperate unit ID

While sequencing ac controllers to start out I suggests using a fixed timing grid. Think of each grid as a light in that particular moment of time.

AC lights are just one color whichever you select. Power on and off through sequencing.

RGB is the channels a Red, Green and Blue 

You sequence them using a color pallet , ME rows or other means.

DO NOT plug your controllers in to a computer without the USB adapter. Preferably red since you have a pixel controller.

Red is backwards compatible. 

Feel free to ask additional questions

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

Dibblejr,

Thank you. 

That is how I ran it last year using all 16 channels for LED lights. While some channels had just one prop several had multiple which as you said creates a better effect. 

As the addiction sets in I decided to add 3 RGB 50 Watt floods to the show. I figured out that they need to be powered directly from an external source once I daisy chain them together with Cat 5 does that then get plugged into the Cat 5 port in my controller?

Also I realize I have to write them into my current sequence, but not sure how to even start.

All but one of the sequences I purchased and was lucky that they actually synced pretty well with my lights. The one I wrote a little rough, but functional as far as timing.

On another note wrote that without using the Preview option, but did create one this year so I can write a few of my own. After watching a few tutorials and trial and error got it figured out, but when I am writing the sequence and open the preview the preview overlaps so I can edit the top 4 channels in the program Is there a better way to split the screen? 

Mark

The 50W floods need AC power and Daisy chaining to one of your other controllers. Any order is fine just so long as they all have separate IDs .

Add the three floods to your preview using the add button at the top and choosing the prop. I don't recall if there is a 50w flood in there and I'm a long way from my machine so I can't look.

They should then appear in the show all grid view as 3 RGB Props.

• Like 1

If you have the LOR 50w floods do not connect directly to the data port on your computer.

They also get daisy chained to your other LOR controllers or a separate RS485HS adapter.

If you have 3 they want h have a separate unit ID.

Aubrey created a great video on how to add beats that your sequence and Would be a great start to sequence them. Personally I use my headset and mouse no wizards. 

JR 

On 10/30/2021 at 9:53 AM, Jimehc said:

The RTG (Ready To Go) sequences are encrypted (Locked) and you can not Edit or Copy from that sequence... You must select the YCM (You Can Modify) option to get a sequence you can actually do something with..

I already know this.  I am just trying to figure out how to make an actual show out of that sequence.  I open it in the sequencer and then what?

If you will play the show on a computer, you open the show editor and add songs to a show.  Then open the Schedule Editor and schedule that show you just created.  If you will be playing from a Director, you use the Hub, but I don't use a Director, so I can't help beyond that.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

If you will play the show on a computer, you open the show editor and add songs to a show.  Then open the Schedule Editor and schedule that show you just created.  If you will be playing from a Director, you use the Hub, but I don't use a Director, so I can't help beyond that.

The HUB makes creating a show on a card for the directors very simple. 

Only need to answer a few questions for the settings and then add the sequences and done

I use it for my remote tune to sign matrix.

JR

8 hours ago, Durty said:

I already know this.  I am just trying to figure out how to make an actual show out of that sequence.  I open it in the sequencer and then what?

Setup your Network to use Reg 500k - set your Unit ID's to Match Sequence - Try to follow Prop Mapping to match Unit,Channel, Port, etc...

Basically you have to match your layout to their sequence....

Edited by Jimehc

7 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

Setup your Network to use Reg 500k - set your Unit ID's to Match Sequence - Try to follow Prop Mapping to match Unit,Channel, Port, etc...

Basically you have to match your layout to their sequence....

Thanks, I am very very ignorant on all this.  I don't know how to set the unit IDs to match the sequence.  When I open the RTG sequence (Joy to the World) in LOR Sequencer, it shows me several Unit ID (01, 02, 03, 04, so on and so forth).  I only have one AC controller (Unit ID 01, 16 channels).  I do not know how to incorporate this RTG sequence into my one AC controller.  It's obviously going to be more basic then the sequence intends.

Edited by Durty
added additional info

Tell me if this is what I've been doing wrong.  Do I need to edit all of this in the "LOR Store Sequence" Preview?  Assigning whatever 16 channels I want (keeping in mind the prop mapping) to my 16 channels that I have available?  Is this the piece I've been missing?

Edited by Durty

Hi Durty,

I think all A/C controllers have the unit id of 01 by default. As mentioned above to make an actual show and the sequence do what it should you need to make a show in the show editor of this and any other sequences/songs you have. Save that as something, I usually just name the show "Christmas 2019, Christmas 2020, Christmas 2021, etc. Then use the show scheduler to set when the show will start and end each evening. 

As for the look at your actual lights in relation to the sequence, it's best to decorate in the LOR 4X4 method. Since the sequences are programmed this way the lights look best when laid out  this way. The 4X4 method is grouping 4 props a similar items together, like roof lines, window frames, columns or trees and bushes. It doesn't matter what the item/prop is just so you have 4 groups of 4 which makes up all 16 channels of your A/C controller. 

The 4X4 doesn't work for everyone but if you will be using LOR purchased sequences they will look better if you layout your light strings/channels in the 4X4 method. 

Renaming the channels is just for you. The computer and the controller couldn't care what the names are. The computer/software is telling the controller to do something on unit 1 channel 1 or unit 1 channel 5, not "tree #1" or "roof line #4" it's all unit # and channel # not name. 

I've never bought a Ready To Go sequence since they made the different types of sequences. And unfortunately I'm still using my comfortable S4 software so I can't help you with actually saving it as a sequence to use to make a show. But I hope the rest of my reply helps.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Al 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I am a newbie also - so I just bought a RTG Sequence - download the correct music. I have LOR 5.3.12 Pro.

When I go to sequencer it has

Warnings - 

The following  warnings were generated while loading the sequence.

These channels had no match in the preview and have been archived.  This means they can still appear in the sequence grid, but they cannot drive lights.

So what do I do?