Light-O-Rama Forums

All On

Lightnewbie

Hi all,

I have a showtime package with mini director and one CTB16PC. What’s the best way to do an All On show when I don’t want to run my shows? So that my lights are just on statically? 

As the mini-director does not have a real time clock, that makes it hard.  With a computer or a director with a real time clock, you can create a simple animation sequence and put that into a show that is scheduled to run at whatever times you want.

Only way I can think of to do it without a real time clock is to create a show that has all your musical sequences repeated however many times fills the desired time and then the last sequence is the all lights on sequence.  That needs to be long enough (or repeated enough times) that it is still playing when your appliance timer shuts off power to the director.  Does all that make sense?

Problem is as Jim said, no real-time clock in the mini-director.  If you had an N2-G4 or N4-G4 MP3 Director WITH a real-time clock built in, this would be a snap to do, and why I purchased the N4-G4 for my display, this way I can pre-program shows for any given time and for any type sequence I want to run in that time slot.  I use mine from 7am-5:25pm for Off Hours Music, then the show starts at 5:30pm and runs til 10pm Sun-Thur, 11PM on Fri/Sat.  Then I have an animation sequence that starts at the time the show ends that runs all my lights, not all on at the same time, don't want to overload anything, so specific lights turn on at various times with an assortment of animation sequences that I use between show end and the morning start-up of the Holiday music I play during the day.    Doing this with a mini director, I'm afraid may turn into a real nightmare trying to do this.  So much easier when the Director has a built-in real-time clock, then you have a lot more options to do things the mini-director will never handle directly.