Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Advanced license - can you control Pixels (non-LOR Pixel controllers)???

wbaker4

I went to the next phase of testing S5.

I hooked up one of my pixel controllers - E6804.

IP address 192.168.1.227 universes 1,2,3,4 Unicast.

I put the card into self test mode to verify it lights the pixels.

Statistics show no frames received over any of the universes (because I didn't start control panel)

I start the control panel and start to see traffic across the universes.

I start the Sequence Editor - set to control lights - I do not have anything connected to  LOR Reg or Aux networks - those boxes are unchecked.  Shows DMX selected - controlling 26 universes.  

Comm listener shows all universes connected.

Start Play - no lights.  All this worked with S4.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

If using ME must be Pro. I have always been Pro so I apologize for not knowing if regular RGB sequencing (channel level) works outside of Pro

JR

Yes, E1.31 will run fine with an Advanced level license, but as JR said, if you use Motion Effects, you have to have a Pro level license.

If you look at the packet count on the E6804, when SE is not doing anything, you should see something around one packet per second (idle packets).  If you are playing the sequence, you should see that count move much faster.

Also, on the E6804, you have to specify if it should be receiving unicast or multicast.  Since you said you have Network Preferences set for unicast (called "Specify" in NP), you must match that with the E6804.

Motion effects are not in the picture because when I click on that selection it pops up with 
"---------------------------
Your license does not support adding motion effects to sequences  
---------------------------"

There is no increase in traffic when the sequence is played.

One odd thing I noticed - perhaps a bug - was when I first checked control lights and started the sequence, it came up with a message about creating an intensity file.  I looked in my folders and did not notice anything new created.  I should not have intensity files with Advanced!? correct?

Update - S4 works (not a surprise)  Version 4.4.14 Advanced which was running on last year's show computer.

I created a similar sequence with the universes I created is S5.

Played the sequence and the pixels worked!

So there is bug in S5, or they really want me to upgrade to Pro - but since I have no LOR Pixel controllers, and don't need the enhanced network (I have no devices to run on them), why should I have to upgrade?

I'll create a ticket for LOR and see what they say.

Thanks to all for your advice.

I doubt it's a bug.  Lots of people running E1.31 on Advanced licenses.  Can you post screen captures of your Network Preferences page and the E6804 setup.

A motion effect is.... (pick one)

1) When you click on "Motion Effect Generator" and what ever you do from there gets added to your sequence.   (I can't do that - I have the Advanced level - not Pro)

2) Expanding your prop with 300 pixels and randomly turning pixels on and off (different colors of course!)

3) Both

I'll bet the answer is 3!

Edited by wbaker4

A motion effect is (1). (2) is not a motion effect, unless you do it in a Motion Effect Row, designated by a triangle. You can put an intensity value into a Motion row by just clicking as it creates a color wash for you. You can also paste regular channels into a motion row by intent or by accident. I don't know if you can create or click into a Motion Row in Advanced but if you can it will be a "Motion Effect I think.

BTW motion effects have come a long wat since S4 and are well worth the upgrade price from advanced IMO.

This prop definition came after importing my 2020 S4 sequence into S5 for 2021.  It's part of a 1600 pixel tree.

Is my issue (not controlling any pixels) because SE5 didn't create any Motion Effect rows when the prop was imported?

LORS5.png

Edited by wbaker4

8 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

Is my issue (not controlling any pixels) because SE5 didn't create any Motion Effect rows when the prop was imported?

No.

• The topic was locked