Light-O-Rama Forums

Purchased Sequence Procedures

azfrankp

I recently upgraded from S4 to S5 with a Pro License and although it was probably done for the better, it is difficult for me to see that right now since very little is the same as it use to be.  Unfortunately, I'm a once a year user that only has a 16CCR Ribbon Tree and now 24 X 50 Matrix in my display so I do not  need a preview.   I don't really program either (although one day I might learn) so my technical ability is limited with the software and rely heavily on purchased sequences.  I own many of them purchased prom reputable people like Brian, Neal, LOR and others that have have a significant on-line presence.  Having said all this, I was shocked to see how much has changed from S4 to S5 to the extent I can't get anything to work with my newly purchased sequences.

It use to be that I simply loaded the sequence to Superstar, added the audio file, changed my network settings and Layout preferences, exported to S4 Sequence Directory, Created a show with Simple Show Builder, saved it to a card for use on a stand alone Director. Took less then 10 minutes. Now I find I need to learn an entirely new system with S5 Pro.

First of all, it appears that Superstar is not even recommended to be opened directly but through the Sequence Editor of S5.  This of course requires a mandatory Preview (simple or complex) in order to add props. I'm supposed to then add an element to the prop from the drop down box.  The only one there is Superstar on-line which does not have the matrix needed. I don't know enough to change any of that so I loaded a 24 X 50 Tree instead thinking I can change it to a horizontal matrix.  Haven't found a way to do that.  As a result, when the sequence is loaded, it creates several channels not tied to the preview.  Again, using purchased sequences, not sure what to do except common sense would tell me to start assigning the channels from 1 to 24 to the ID's of my Pixie16 Controllers (I have 2 in this setup) with a LOR network starting ID of 01.  I believe the Pixie16's use each channel as an ID so my max Network ID is FF.  The network set to 500K Enhanced not that it matters here.  I attempted to change the channels on the Tree Prop to correspond to those ID's that but still can't play my Sequence without errors.

For those like me that are just interested in running purchased sequences on a CCR tree or matrix, is there a simple step by step procedure to get purchased sequences to install and work properly in S5 without learning a new system?  I've tried some video tutorials but unless I begin at Getting Started and working through the entire process, the tutorials don't seem to help.

I've been using S4 successfully for years with a 16 CCR tree and now trying to do the same with a Matrix.  My Software version is 5.6.6 with a Pro License.  My hardware (not that it matters for what I need here) includes (12) CCR 100 pixel smart ribbons cut in half to produce (24)  50 pixel strips mounted to a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood.  (2) Pixie16 Controllers with the latest Firmware (1.7) starting at lower Rt. Side.  No jumpers on controllers, dip switch on 1st Controller set to 01.  2nd controller dip switches all OFF.  A Mini Show Director (Gen3) with an SD Card that now has to be created on the HUB with "Simple Show Builder"

Thanks for helping.

Sorry for the problems. S5 is indeed very different from S4.

For sequences purchased from superstarlights.com you can use the video tutorial at the top of the sequence purchase page.

For the sequences purchased elsewhere you can launch the S5 Sequencer and open the .lms file. The unit IDs in your Preview must match the unit IDs in your .lms file. As long as they do, the Sequencer will match the unit IDs and assign the sequencing to your Preview.

As for the 24x50 matrix, using a 24x50 tree should work, but you would do better to use "Matrix Horizontal Rectangle."

Setting up the Preview can be the most challenging part of using S5. If you want some help I can remote into your computer and help you out. Email me at brian@superstarlights.com and we can arrange a day and time to do that.