Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels work when they want to

Rjp

Bought some pixels from rgb man all worked great for the first few days they are all on a pixie16s and have LOR ends. The strings start off working good for about the first 15 minutes then half the string goes to a light blue and other half works rite then the next day it does the same thing any ideas what it could be would be great help thanks

Are you absolutely sure you have the correct VOLTAGE RGB for your matching Pixie PSU ?  ((12V for 12V RGB)

Are there connectors between the Good and bad sections? (bad/dirty/loose contacts).

What length of cable between the Pixie and the first bulb? What Gauge of wire.

Yes 12v pixies and 12v pixels my longest section is 40 foot and it goes all the way down to 5 foot I have all the controllers on 40% but even the 5 foot sections do it 

I will link you to another thread. Please scroll down and you will see my step by step on things to check. If all of that does not resolve the issue it could be a bad batch of nodes.

JR

You might check the actual voltage at the far end of each string with a DVM.

Also, make sure the power connections at the PSU and Pixie are tight (ferrels and Lugs are a good way to connect).

On 10/23/2021 at 8:40 AM, dibblejr said:

I will link you to another thread. Please scroll down and you will see my step by step on things to check. If all of that does not resolve the issue it could be a bad batch of nodes.

JR

Thanks for the help I figured it out I have a bad batch of pixels hopefully rgb man responds to email learned a lesson I’ll stick with just buying LOR pixels like I normally do