Light-O-Rama Forums

what is the difference??

cvlrs2000

What is the difference between the program that comes with the unit and the update. I thought I was all up to date until I started checking into things..... If I update now will it cause problems with the songs I already designed???

Hi,

If you mean the difference between LOR I and LOR II, there are several differences. You might want to download the latest help file and look at the "What's New" page; there are several subsections such as "What's New in Version 2.0.0", "What's New in Version 2.0.4", and so on, up to the latest.

You can get the latest version of the help file in either Windows Help File format or PDF format:

(Windows Help File format)

http://lightorama.com/downloads/LORHelp-2.0.16.pdf
(PDF format)

If you mean the difference between some version of LOR I and some other version of LOR I, what versions are you talking about, exactly?

In either case, the newer version of the software should be able to handle your sequences created with an older version of the software just fine. If it can't, please let us know.

Note, though, that if you change to the new version, make a new sequence (or update an old one), and then decide to fall back to the old version, the old version won't necessarily be able to handle these sequences that used the new version. In fact, that will definitely be the case with going from LOR I to LOR II back to LOR I - that is, LOR I will not be able to handle a sequence that was created or modified by LOR II. However, LOR II automatically saves a backup of the "original" LOR I sequence just in case, so you should always at least have that.

I am not sure what version I actually have. I will have to get back on here when I get back home. I just recently bought my 1st unit and installed the cd that came with it. I just want to make sure I am up to date.

If you bought one that was part of the showtime starter sets that comes with everything then you got LOR I since LOR II is not shipping on CD yet and will need to upgrade to LOR II by downloading it. You don't have to upgrade but LOR II has a lot of extra features that LOR I doesn't have which makes sequencing easier.

No, LOR II should be able to handle any of your LOR I sequences just fine.

However, if you later decide to fall back to LOR I for whatever reason, LOR I will not be able to understand any sequences that you created or modified with LOR II. So you might want to make backup copies of them, just to be safe, before you switch over to LOR II.

LOR II actually makes such backup copies automatically, but it can't hurt to do so yourself too, just in case.