Light-O-Rama Forums

New to forums. Hello! And need help with channel configuration for my network.

Yahikoe

Hi I'm Rob, I'm from northeastern PA and this is my second year using LOR.  I'm currently at the advanced level for my software Though I intend to upgrade to pro by Christmas.  

Last year I used a simple 16 channel AC controller and had no issues.  I was able to program everything it was fun and exciting and my neighborhood loved it.  

This year I decided I was going to add addressable Smart LEDs to the show....  And my lord did I have no Idea what I was getting myself into lol.  I ended up with VERY VERY BAD USELESS connectors that I bought off amazon to make the strings of pixels plug and play with the controller.  They didn't work.  I thought I was buying good ones... Tinned and high quality materials.   When I got them they looked fine so I used butt connectors and hooked everything up.  I realized the lights weren't working and I thought my pixels were bad cuz some would light up some wouldn't.   I went through a lot of troubleshooting and pain lol.  Long story short the connectors were tinned at the tip of the copper and the rest of the wire was not which caused terrible connectivity issues.  I removed them and hard wired all the leds with lead cables to the board and away they went.  So I learned early on if there is one light off or a set is acting stupid or not working at all its likely because of the wiring lol.  

So after becoming a wiring pro and getting my 500 led Pixels to light up I still have 2 small issues.  The board says it can control up to 200 pixels 170 comfortably in the description per port.  I have one run of 150 lights that keep getting stuck mid sequence and just stay where they get stuck.  I'm thinking that's because I'm not on the optimized network that comes with pro?  That is my guess at the issue if that is the problem its fine I will upgrade soon anyway.  

But that issue leads to another issue.  The extra 50 pixels need to connect to another port.  I have a port I'm not using because I can't get it to work.   So Port 1 on my pixie board will not output for me.  In S5 the device 2 port 1  plays port 2 on the pixie board.  Device 1 is my ac controller.   The pixie ports all work fine for me as device 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 but port 1 is missing.  I'll attach some screen shots of my configurations.  If you have any ideas please let me know !!  

Also if your in the northeast and love the holidays and wanna meet up to have a meal and play with the sequencer and lights hmu ^^

LOR device 1.jpg

Lor Device 2.jpg

I see your Pixie is at FW 1.06, try updating the FW to the latest revision, 1.07.  I think that might help some, but may not fix your port 1 issue, could be your port 1 is not making a good connection at the PCB, I'd check that to be sure, as port 1 should show up and work in the HU if everything is wired correctly.   I believe FW 1.07 fixed some issues with Pixie and other newer RGB controllers that require enhanced networks.  And I think you may need to go PRO A.S.A.P. as I believe all Pixies will require an Enhanced Network, which is only available in PRO, but that aspect is mostly in the sequencing and running a show, without an Enhanced network, I don't think your Pixie will work at the show level or in a sequence without it.  And once upgraded, make sure you set your preferences in the LOR Network Preferences  to match your sequences!

What speed did you set your network at? With that Pixie: 500K  .

Lucky you, you have a G3 AC controller, so 1 network is still doable.

Also in HU MaxID is pretty tight if you ever add another board.

Also: 150 nodes ON A PORT will need power inject. Go measure the voltage at the far end even with a few ON in that last 50.  If you drop below 11.4V, do not expect reliability out that far

💡 If you can, adjust your PSU up to 12.6V (well within safe 12V range)

1- You cannot power more that 170 pixels on a pixie port without the pixielink adapter. Wont happen, you cannot even apply more than 170

2- Update FW as suggested above

You WILL NOT get a pixie controller to work correctly (if at all) without a Pro license.

3- Follow the steps I ve included in this thread

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked