Completely overwhelmed and on the verge of tears

Jaynee

2 hours ago, wbaker4 said:

I use 100 CCBs to make a wreath.  I did this by making two half circles (two props) - one for the first 50 CCBs and the other for second set of CCBs.  I named them right half and left half.

They are defined as RGB pixels - in my case a string of 50 each - so I have two strings of smart RGB pixels.

The first string is defined as on a LOR network Aux-A - channel 20

The second string is defined on a LOR network Aux-A - channel 21

In the hardware utility, you assign the first channel ID in this case 20 to the CCB controller.

Make sure you define Aux-A in the Network setup otherwise it will not work.  LOR Network = Aux-A  Comm # (whatever it comes up as) and 500K for the speed.

In SE, you add those two props and you should be able to control them.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, but I'm a little confused on only 2 channels for your Wreath unless you're using "dumb" mode {which I didn't think a CCB100D controller could do that?}.  Since one strand = over 150 channels in my sequence, so I have channels 1-50 s1 and then 1-50 for the next bank of channels s2.  Over 300 channels including the macro channels.

Sorry - should say Unit ID, not channel.

I use IDs 20 and 21 (automatically assigned) for a single CCB controller.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

I can send you an S4 sequence that has all the controllers assigned in it with the latest channel config I was planning to use until the Pixie16D quit working.  But everything is assigned in there, and the sequence is set up in tracks. Which I don't think S5 uses, does it?  

The only vis file I ever created was for the two singing trees I have, Ralphie and Zuzu., since I don't have all 4, I just use this one for testing the singing tree's mouth movements.  However, all 4 are in my sequence, just in case I may ever add Felix and Elden to my display sometime in the future.   Other than that, all my sequences in S4 rely mainly on the internal animation option, as that is what I've always used, too bad that can't be exported as a vis file.  That might have made things a wee bit easier if that were possible.

Note: All the RGB controllers may have different bulb counts, but they should be easily seen in the sequence, I tried to include that info of the bulb counts when you open the group channel button, The CCR's are only 26 on the Pixie16D, and only for the first 7 channels, and I don't think I defined that on their channel buttons.  But once you crack open the sequence you can check out everything and see what's what, however, where it says they are placed, that info is not, or may not be correct, as most hasn't been decided until I start placing the bulbs, and seeing where I will use them at or not, and where their controller will be placed.   Just the way I do things every year, because I always move things around every year, never in the same place twice, if I can avoid it.

I didnt get a sequence. Can discuss if I get confused LOL

JR

1 hour ago, Orville said:

Thanks, but I'm a little confused on only 2 channels for your Wreath unless you're using "dumb" mode {which I didn't think a CCB100D controller could do that?}.  Since one strand = over 150 channels in my sequence, so I have channels 1-50 s1 and then 1-50 for the next bank of channels s2.  Over 300 channels including the macro channels.

Why are you still using macro channels. Only one that I personally know that still uses those are Bob

JR

10 hours ago, wbaker4 said:

Sorry - should say Unit ID, not channel.

I use IDs 20 and 21 (automatically assigned) for a single CCB controller.

Alright, now that makes sense. LOL   We've all done things like that from time to time, misnamed or mislabeled something.  It happens. LOL

10 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Why are you still using macro channels. Only one that I personally know that still uses those are Bob

JR

I haven't sent one yet, JR.  I found some errors on my channel names and had to correct.  Will be sending you one very soon.  Hopefully sometime today, {Tues. 10/26/2021}.

10 hours ago, dibblejr said:

JR

I don't use them, they are just there for spacing between the S1 and S2 ports on the CCB's.  Keeps me from coding into the S2 strand, especially when I do a chase down all 50 bulbs and want to reverse that chase on the 2nd strand.  Just keeps me from accidentally putting lighting commands on the 2nd strand.  So I just use those as spacer channels, never anything in them at all.  Have never used them.  And that's why they are still there. 😼😺

23 hours ago, dibblejr said:

JR

Bob is macro FREE!   Literally thousands of commands were removed AND I got rid of the channels.    If there are commands on the macro channels they are being sent to the lights and my bet is they are messing with your sequence in ways you dont realize. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Bob is macro FREE!   Literally thousands of commands were removed AND I got rid of the channels.    If there are commands on the macro channels they are being sent to the lights and my bet is they are messing with your sequence in ways you dont realize. 

Now I can restate- I know nobody uses Macro Channels

LOL

Gonna send you a PM as soon as I clean my box

JR

12 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I'll be getting rid of all mine too.  Don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I can just add in 2 or 3 "DEAD" channels that have no controllers or anything and use them as "SPACERS", that way I can't accidentally use them, or have them doing something I don't want them too with unexpected results.  Now I know my brain's getting old, I should have thought of this a year or so ago! LOL