Light-O-Rama Forums

Error: SuperStar effects must be placed on a single motion effect row

edtrac

I am trying to follow the video from the top of https://superstarlights.com/Sequences/Purchase.php

New musical sequence. Insert online prop (in my case 16CCR+200RGB star).  But when I right click the group I don't have the option to insert superstar effect and Shift+S gives the error above.

I am sure this is something simple I am missing but could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Without having watched the video, it sound like you have more than one motion effect row selected, or you have no motion effect row selected.

I'm gathering that you purchased a sequence in SuperStar format.  In Sequencer, select a motion effect row for the prop that you are trying to add the purchased, then press the r key so that the row is selected for the entire song, then [shift] S for "Insert SuperStar effects".

The piece of the Sequencer does not show a motion effects row.  Click the + sign to see if there is a motion effects row.  If not, add one.

You're doing that in Preview Editor.  Get out of Preview Editor.  Add the ME row in Sequencer.

Get out of Preview Editor.  Right click on the prop in Sequencer, and select "Add/Modify Motion Effects Rows"

I get the same warning with all three props that the number of motion effect rows limited to zero.

I have attached the sequence.  All I have literally done is created a new musical sequence, preview design, add, superstar online and the 16CCR/200RGB.

Version 5.6.6

test.zip

It might be easiest if I remote into your computer and help you out. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and we can set up a time to do that.

-Brian Bruderer