Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie8 & Pixie 16 & CCR work in DMX mode

nortonz

I bought a new Pixie 8, Pixie 16, and 2 CCR (Cosmic Color) controllers this year new from Light O Rama, all Light o Rama smart Pixels (50) nodes. My question is Can they be run in DMX mode?

Also My Pixie 8 seems to have a problem, I bought it for a Matrix, I have 6 ports dedicate to the Matrix, with 76 nodes on each port. In HU I set the unit ID to 5, That worked fine, In the Pixie Console Port 1 72nodes I turn on the Red Master for Port 1 The Green comes on, so I try Red Master, The Green stays on, Same with Blue, They stay Green. Tried changing the RGB order, but that didn't make any difference. Is there a problem with my Pixie 8? Running LOR5.

7 minutes ago, nortonz said:

I bought a new Pixie 8, Pixie 16, and 2 CCR (Cosmic Color) controllers this year new from Light O Rama, all Light o Rama smart Pixels (50) nodes. My question is Can they be run in DMX mode?

Also My Pixie 8 seems to have a problem, I bought it for a Matrix, I have 6 ports dedicate to the Matrix, with 76 nodes on each port. In HU I set the unit ID to 5, That worked fine, In the Pixie Console Port 1 72nodes I turn on the Red Master for Port 1 The Green comes on, so I try Red Master, The Green stays on, Same with Blue, They stay Green. Tried changing the RGB order, but that didn't make any difference. Is there a problem with my Pixie 8? Running LOR5.

The Pixie 8 & 16 do not support DMX.  Think about it - a single DMX universe supports 170 pixels, so on a Pixie16 under DMX, you could only put 9 or 10 pixels per port.  Not overly useful.  If you are talking about the original CCR, then yes, they can use DMX, and the newer CCR2 has limited DMX capability.  See:

https://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

As far as the colors staying on, yes, you have to manually turn them off.  And yes, it sounds like your color order is wrong (very common).

CCR2 can run DMX

A pixie4/8/16 can run e1.31 if you purchase the Light O Rama pixielink device.

Seems as though I have seen your other questions and answered them some place.

JR