Light-O-Rama Forums

Start Circuit & End Circuit

Zylo

I am having some issues. I think they stem from the starting circuit and ending circuit of my lights setup. I for the life of me cant figure out how to define these. Then I got to thinking about how many strands of lights and everything else. 

I have a basic plus account, with 16ch setup and fm transmitter

I think that start circuit essentially means the channel of the controller (plug number) please correct me if im wrong. Also how should I have each of these setup?

Thanks in advance

start end circuit.jpg

If you only have a 16 channel controller, you have a LOT of extra stuff in there. AC controllers use 1 circuit (channel) per plug, so the Unit 01 Circuit 17 is an issue.

All of that is configured in the Design tab.

Don is very correct. You're mixing RGB and AC strings on a 16 channel AC controller. That doesn't work. RGB requires a different type of controller(s), depending on what type of RGB they are(dumb or intelligent). If you connect 120vac to an RGB string, its going to fry!

• Like 1

Will a BASIC+ license even allow you to run an RGB controller of any type {Dumb or Smart}?  I have used Advanced and Pro when it became available.  But back when I started out, I don't think there were any RGB type lights or devices available, and I had a Basic+ license at that time, soon found out I needed to go advanced to be able to control the number of controllers I had.   And CTB16PC Controllers are only 16 AC ONLY channels, you can not plug RGB lights into any of those AC channels or the magic smoke is coming out, and you may even start a fire in doing so!

6 minutes ago, Orville said:

Will a BASIC+ license even allow you to run an RGB controller of any type {Dumb or Smart}? 

Absolutely.  At least the CMB16 and CMB24 DC controllers.  Pixcon16 requires E1.31 which requires at least an Advanced license or ELOR which requires a Pro level license.  Pixie controllers may or may not require ELOR depending on which docs you read.

I should have added one more about the Pixie.  With the new PixieLink E1.31 interface, you could run a Pixie controller via the PixieLink using E1.31 from your show device, and therefore require an Advanced or Pro license.

Not used to thinking about the PixieLink yet...

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Absolutely.  At least the CMB16 and CMB24 DC controllers.  Pixcon16 requires E1.31 which requires at least an Advanced license or ELOR which requires a Pro level license.  Pixie controllers may or may not require ELOR depending on which docs you read.

Thanks for the info Jim.  Good to know.  I wasn't sure, so thought I'd ask.  Not that I have to worry about that since I have a PRO license.😁