Light-O-Rama Forums

Suggestions on mounting pixels around windows

Sctiger

I ordered 2 CCC II's (50 Pixels per strand) from the spring sale to go around 4 windows on the front of my house.  I currently have PVC frames (the plans from this forum. Thanks for that!) around each window with LEDs tie strapped to them.  What have y'all used to mount the bullet style pixels?  And yes....I'm aware of the short time frame to get it done. I like working under pressure OK? So sue me. 😂

For bullet type pixels, you can drill a hole through the PVC so that the pixel goes all the way through the PVC.  Leave it so that the back end of the pixel is about flush with the back side of the PVC - leaving only the wires behind the frame.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

For bullet type pixels, you can drill a hole through the PVC so that the pixel goes all the way through the PVC.  Leave it so that the back end of the pixel is about flush with the back side of the PVC - leaving only the wires behind the frame.

That's where my thinking was leading me. I was just looking at drill presses lol

5 minutes ago, Sctiger said:

That's where my thinking was leading me. I was just looking at drill presses lol

Yea, a drill press makes that a lot easier!

1 hour ago, Sctiger said:

Not to discourage Drill press ownership 😛

I use a pair of an way older version https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wolfcraft-Portable-Multi-Angle-Drill-Guide-with-Drill-Chuck-4525404/303283380?MERCH=REC-_-pipsem-_-206520394-_-303283380-_-N& with a corded drill. The second one is just a Index dowel holder that slides along the bench top as you make more holes, so all holes end up inline.

• 4 weeks later...