Light-O-Rama Forums

Flood light mounting

metallus2000

I purchased the flood light package recently. Has anone found stakes, or some type of mounting device I can get these off the ground?

33 minutes ago, metallus2000 said:

I purchased the flood light package recently. Has anone found stakes, or some type of mounting device I can get these off the ground?

I got rocy ground so I went with the Aluminum stakes from HC. I did have to lightly ream the center hole in the Bail to fit the stakes bolt

Great value, I am on my 4th season and dirt and light scratches are it.

I bolted a short piece of unistrut to the clamp and then used a Unistrut pipe clamp that is clamped to about a 18 inch piece of pipe that is pounded into the ground.  Note that this is for permanent mounting for my year round landscape lighting.  I can take a photo and post it if desired.

5 hours ago, TheDucks said:

I got rocy ground so I went with the Aluminum stakes from HC. I did have to lightly ream the center hole in the Bail to fit the stakes bolt

Great value, I am on my 4th season and dirt and light scratches are it.

Yes they are the best Floodlight Stakes I've ever used, my 6 HC 10W Smart RGB Floods came with them, but I'm going to be buying some extras for some of my past and future projects.  These sure beat the cheap-o plastic stakes by a million miles!   And the price is literally cheaper than most wood or plastic stakes I've seen.  And they can be pounded into almost any ground type you may have.  So I'll second the HC Metal stakes, the best value, and best mounting stake I've found.

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I bolted a short piece of unistrut to the clamp and then used a Unistrut pipe clamp that is clamped to about a 18 inch piece of pipe that is pounded into the ground.  Note that this is for permanent mounting for my year round landscape lighting.  I can take a photo and post it if desired.

Please do. I am think this would be a permanent thing.

3 hours ago, 75redman said:

I made these holders out of 3/4 pvc.

Very cool. I like this...I have plenty of PVC.

3 hours ago, 75redman said:

I made these holders out of 3/4 pvc.

FB_IMG_1634491542071.jpg

Yep, this works. I have enough PVC to make it work.