Light-O-Rama Forums

3 pin male plugs for lor strings

nortonz

I had to cut off my 50 node string for my matrix, that left me with a string of 27 nodes. My matrix takes 6 channels of 72 nodes per channel. I want to use the 27 node string for the next channel, so I can utilize the 27 node strings. 
I talked to tech support, they don’t sell them. Suggested I use a 2ft extension, but they don’t list a 2ft extension on there website. The smallest extension is 5ft.

does anyone know where I can get the plugs, or a shorter extension?

Thanks

Michael

1 hour ago, nortonz said:

My matrix takes 6 channels of 72 nodes per channel.

First of all, it's not six channels but rather six outputs or ports on your controller.  With 72 nodes, that is 216 channels per string.

As for the connectors, I don't use them.  I cut off whatever connector comes on any pixels I buy.  I solder however much three conductor wire to the wires on the pixel strings and on the other end of that wire I add will have the 4 pin green connector that plugs into the controller.

19 hours ago, k6ccc said:

First of all, it's not six channels but rather six outputs or ports on your controller.  With 72 nodes, that is 216 channels per string.

As for the connectors, I don't use them.  I cut off whatever connector comes on any pixels I buy.  I solder however much three conductor wire to the wires on the pixel strings and on the other end of that wire I add will have the 4 pin green connector that plugs into the controller.

OK your right, my bad!

That's a good Idea, I just never though about soldering the 2 together, guess I'm getting old. I was a electronics tech for 40yrs, retired now for 12yrs. and soldering just never clicked. Thank you for your reply.

• The topic was locked