Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a 16 x 50 pixel tree to existing show/sequences

Goldie1970

For background, I have typically run 3 16 channel controllers to do my Christmas show. Currently running S5 Advanced. The vast majority of my sequences are purchased from the sequence store, some are editable and some are not. I run my show off a show director but also have run straight from computer in the past. A couple years ago I bought everything needed for a pixel tree….and it has tragically gone unused, never having been set up.

I want to use it this year and while it’s late to start, it’s about 30 days early for me!  Looking for the path of least resistance to get it up and running and have a couple questions

1) Can a pixel tree be added to the “editable” sequences that I have purchased? 
2) Worse case scenario, Could a tree be set up with effects, but not set to the music? I don’t have the time to program a bunch of new sequences around what I already have, I’m curious if I could use the show director to just run effects on the tree as a stand alone show and use my laptop to run the other three controllers. I know it wouldn’t mesh, but could set it up off to itself. 
Thanks All! Matt

Edited by Goldie1970

The first thing I would do is to upgrade to the Pro license. That will give you the ability to use and experiment with the Motion Effects before you integrate them into an existing sequence. The pixel tree does not need to run with every sequence, you can just add in some of the preset effects in S5 for some extra flair to the key points of the show.

#1 yes

#2 yes, that should work. With the preset motion effects in S5 you almost get instant gratification.

As above , upgrade to Pro

Search Youtube for LOR Speed Sequencing S5

Yoi would be surprised at what yoi can do when yoi think yoi do not have time.

In a crunch or new this makes sense.

JR

• The topic was locked