Light-O-Rama Forums

Power an Animatronic

ScaryaLarry

Hey guys, newbie here.  I use the LOR to run my home haunt @480ScareYard.  Controlling lights works great but I also have adding animatronics but can not figure how to just give full power to a prop in sequencer.

Please help.  Thanks

11 hours ago, ScaryaLarry said:

Hey guys, newbie here.  I use the LOR to run my home haunt @480ScareYard.  Controlling lights works great but I also have adding animatronics but can not figure how to just give full power to a prop in sequencer.

Please help.  Thanks

I  ran two animatronic skeletons when I was doing Halloween displays {dancing in one mode, head/mouth movements only in the 2nd mode}, which I used the 2nd Mode on mine because I didn't need them to dance, just sing when I activated them.

To give full power to an animatronic, depending on its adapter, some adapters don't work very well or at all with CTB16PC Controllers, I'm presuming that's what you're using to power your animatronics with.  Mine had a stereo audio input which allowed head and mouth movements when the audio was on.

But to answer your question, in the sequencer you will only use FULL ON and FULL OFF commands in the sequence on those channels controlling the animatronics, DO NOT Fade, Shimmer, Twinkle or use any other effects.  If you have the newer G3 CTB16PC Controllers, you can set those channels specifically for ONLY FULL ON/OFF commands.  That can be set up in the HU I believe.  I don't have any G3 Controllers, so I'm not familiar enough with them to say how you set them up for this type configuration on specific channels, but I'm sure the manual on them can tell you that.

It's really very simple to do.  But before committing any channels to the animatronics, plug them into the controller channels you want to use for them and then in the HU test that you can turn it on and off successfully.  If it works, you just need to set up the channels in your sequence specific to the animatronics.  If you plug it in, and it activates before you turn on a channel in the HU, then the adapter allows current to flow through, even though the channel is off, some adapters will operate without turning on anything.  Just the nature of some adapters.  I don't know why or how it happens, but I've had some adapters that would always be on when plugged into any channel on a controller.  This is why you need to verify the item will work as you need it too.

Good Luck.

G3 uses the On/Off dimming curve setting .

Once the controller has been selected:

Click the Config button:click Advanced Config

💡 I marked the outlet with Red Tape and labeled the enclosure: ## No Dim (avoids forgetting)

I use this for Strobes and strings that have special power plugs

• The topic was locked