Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Advanced vs S5 Pro

wbaker4

I have upgraded my license from S4 Advanced to S5 Advanced and have converted a few sequences to the S5 format.  That went pretty smooth.

My experience with S4 last year (after adding a 1600 pixel tree, along with a few other pixel based props) I had one large sequence that was having issues loading (taking too long).  I ended up chopping about a minute off of the sequence and it worked better.

As far as adding effects for the pixels (when I used S4), I imported those from shows created with Xlights.

Here is my question - will I see better performance with s5 advanced, or should I upgrade to S5 pro?  I know with the pro, I can add pixel based effects directly from the Sequence Editor.  I do not use any LOR pixel controllers (if that makes a difference) intensity files, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Walt

1 hour ago, wbaker4 said:

I have upgraded my license from S4 Advanced to S5 Advanced and have converted a few sequences to the S5 format.  That went pretty smooth.

My experience with S4 last year (after adding a 1600 pixel tree, along with a few other pixel based props) I had one large sequence that was having issues loading (taking too long).  I ended up chopping about a minute off of the sequence and it worked better.

As far as adding effects for the pixels (when I used S4), I imported those from shows created with Xlights.

Here is my question - will I see better performance with s5 advanced, or should I upgrade to S5 pro?  I know with the pro, I can add pixel based effects directly from the Sequence Editor.  I do not use any LOR pixel controllers (if that makes a difference) intensity files, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Walt

However you did it in S4 should basically be the same as S5 however the "xL" may bring more complexity to the scenario.

Should not have had to cut anything down to copy/ paste i S4. I did that all of the time, however you may have to copy and save smaller rows of RGB props. For example a 24x50 matrix I copy is broken down in to copy/ paste/ save 8 rows at a time.

JR 

• The topic was locked