Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing after creating show

Sam house

Hi,

ive got my first show all set and ready to go.  I’m not a techie so not sure how to best go about this.  I would like to go back and edit a couple of the sequences but don’t know how that effects what I’ve already set to go on the show editor.  If I’m opening a new sequence on the preview and labeling it something different will what I have currently set to go not be effected?

I assume then I have to go recreate a new show utilizing my edited previews.  Am I understanding that correctly?  Hope that makes sence?

Assume that your show has Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland, Let it Snow running.

If you open and edit Frosty the Snowman, nothing happens.
If you open and edit one of the songs in the show, it might (or might not) reread the file. (Someone jump in here. It's been too long.)

If you want to add Frosty to the show while it's running, it (should) restart.

(Someone correct me on the finer details, I'm mush this time of year.)

If you edit a Preview or make a change to a sequence in a running show the show will detect the change and have to recreate the playback files for the changed sequence before it plays again  which will cause a short delay while they write.

If you save a sequence under a new name you will have to remove the original from the show and add the new filename andctessve the show 

This will cause a restart of the show and the recreation of the playback files.

These playback files are stored on a hidden folder.

Do yourself a favor, make a list of changes that you see out there, then during the day, edit each as needed. Then run the show once during the day(Show on Demand) so that the playback files(That Phil talks about), to get re-created. Then when the when the show runs that evening, no delays.

After adding one thing  in my preview and unarchiving a channel I can’t get them to play when reopening sequence in sequencer. I can edit the channel in the sequencer but nothing lights up on that channel when I hit play. Am I missing a step here?

If you add something new and it is archiving a channel you must be using the same channel info. If it is a new item it should have new unique info. 

If you are just making a duplicate prop the old one will archive. You then need to copy the sequencing from the old archived row to the empty new one.

If you are trying to make a second prop with the same info you will need to select that option in the definition.

• Like 2