Light-O-Rama Forums

N2-G4-MP3 and Input PUP

kornerb

I have an interactive show that plays a specific song based on a specific contact closure (trigger) on the input PUP. Each contact closure is a different song. Last year I ran this show with my PC as the controller. This year, the location of the computer needed to change, so running the wires required to run the show would be very difficult. I was hoping to run this same show using a N2-G4-MP3 Director, but after looking at the documentation it doesn't seem possible. Does anyone else do something like this?

I don't know about the current directors, but when I started almost a decade ago, you could not do interactives with a director.

10 hours ago, kornerb said:

I have an interactive show that plays a specific song based on a specific contact closure (trigger) on the input PUP. Each contact closure is a different song. Last year I ran this show with my PC as the controller. This year, the location of the computer needed to change, so running the wires required to run the show would be very difficult. I was hoping to run this same show using a N2-G4-MP3 Director, but after looking at the documentation it doesn't seem possible. Does anyone else do something like this?

You should be able top do this with the newer G4 N2 or N4 Directors, see pages #8 and Pages #36 in the G4-MP3 Manual.  It gives the info needed to use the Interactive Inputs on these Director units.   From my understanding oh the manual, you should be able to accomplish this, but I do believe you will also need to buy a header that slips over the pins, so that you can connect to the Directors Interactive Inputs.

7 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I don't know about the current directors, but when I started almost a decade ago, you could not do interactives with a director.

They can now Jim.  The G4 N2 and N4 units have 6 interactive inputs on them according to the diagram in the manual {see page 8 and Page 36 of the G4-MP3 Manual}.  From my understanding of the manual, the OP should be able to accomplish what he's trying to do. I'm not sure if he needs the Input Pup or not, some things in the manual on items like that aren't clearly spelled out, it just mentions NO and NC switches and shows wiring diagrams for same.  But I do believe the OP will require a header to connect the switches {or Input Pup} to the Director.

Manual also says to use the HU to create the interactive shows, but can't say for sure on the latest versions of S5, may be doable in the Hub now, but that would be something for the LOR folk to chime in on, as I know they were at one time going to remove the SD MP3 show creation option from the HU in S5 at some point.  Haven't really looked at the HU in S5 on that yet, since I'm just now trying to figure S5 out for 2022.

Thanks @Orville and @k6ccc. I have read the manual, and played with the HUB a bit. It seems like it's doable, tho I am not sure if it's exactly how I want it to be, or if 6 triggers will be enough. I have 8 on the input PUP. The HUB makes it look like you can do a total of 9, but with only 6 pins, I am not sure how that's accomplished. If anyone else wants to chime in, I am all ears. (eyeballs)

• The topic was locked