Light-O-Rama Forums

All on after show?

Sam house

All lights on option?

I have a very simple system setup for my first show. Just using purchased sequences this year as I’m still learning the ins and outs of all this. I’ve only got about 7 songs planned to run in my show and was wanting to have a 15m break or so every 30m   where it just goes to all lights on for 15m to avoid just a nonstop loop of going over and over the same 7 songs. Is this an easy thing to do or? 

Check out these two links. They will give you ideas.

http://www.lorfaq.com/show-scheduling-example-1/
http://www.lorfaq.com/show-scheduling-example-2/

Keep in mind, the software will STOP an animation sequence at the end of a show. It will CONTINUE a musical sequence.

There are those who have the opinion that you will not want to do this, and just let the songs play through. Your call though.

And if someone arrives when nothing is happening they will just drive on. As  Don says though it's your call.

Don't do it.  People come to see your animated show.  They are not going to wait for 15 minutes.  Just let it run unless you have a very specific reason to have a gap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

I think we are "those people", Jim.🙂

Me too. Wont stop but for a few seconds if there is no action and lights just on or off. 

JR

For my family's display, we have to have a gap because we're too close to main streets and the traffic backs up (then we get in trouble with the city). Plus people really like getting out and taking pictures with all of the lights on as a backdrop. We have a gap between shows, BUT we have an audio message along with it (recorded in Audacity) that explains why we have the gap and the schedule for when the shows DO play. We've been running for 12 years and we've gotten less than a dozen complaints about our system - people understand once they visit the display and see where it's located compared to the main streets. Moral of the story, every situation is different - you need to do what works best for you.