Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I split my Pixie2 controller into two strings of 25?

Eddie Hanebuth

I just purchased two Pixie 2 controller with 50 smart LED lights.  I have them on my roof line in four places.  Each Pixie controller has two strands of 25.  How do I break them up so I can program them separately?  I tried to place them as two controllers using the same controller number but one with 1-25 and the other with 26-50 but I get errors.  Then using SuperStar i am confused how to do each one. 

I am using 5,6 and Superstar.  

Do not define the light strings as controllers. Define them as 25 pixels and set the addressing appropriately. Also, realize that when you assign a unit ID to the Pixie 2 controller it will use that unit ID for the first string and will automatically use the unit ID after that for the second string.

So, back to the addressing, for pixels 1-25 set the appropriate unit ID and then set the first pixel to channel 01 and let it automatically assign channels to the remaining pixels. For pixels 26-50 set the same unit ID but set the channel of pixel 26 to 76. It's a little confusing, but realize the channel should be equal to (pixel number) times 3 minus 2.

If you need further clarification let me know.

When I add them as Pixie 2 controllers the choices are 50 or 100 Pixels   So I tried tell the prop to divide them into two segments  Does this look right to you?

image.png.97ea831bacf40cd7b2ef772a33c1d528.png

Edited by Eddie Hanebuth

I can think of two ways to do this:

Method #1

Change the above to say nbr of segments = 1, Exact nbr of RGB nodes total = 25

Add another "Lines-Connected" shape. Set it to 1 segment and 25 pixels also. Set the start circuit to 76

Method #2

Add a "Lines-Unconnected" shape. set # of segments =2

With the "Lines-Unconnected" shape you will have two independent lines. They can be of any length. The software will automatically set the number of pixels for each line proportionally. In other words, only if each line segment is close to the same length will they each have 25 pixels.

<soapbox>

This is one that drives me nuts.  So many people are determined that they need to build controllers.  No, in the Prop Editor you build props, and assign them to channels - which will be on one or more controllers.

</soapbox>

• Like 1

14 hours ago, k6ccc said:

<soapbox>

This is one that drives me nuts.  So many people are determined that they need to build controllers.  No, in the Prop Editor you build props, and assign them to channels - which will be on one or more controllers.

</soapbox>

I discussed this exact statement tonight during the Zoom Room training.

JR