Light-O-Rama Forums

Rubbermaid Enclosure

Guest guest

I seem to remember some people using rubbermaid containers to mount their boards in and using it to store the extension cords inside for storage. Is this a good idea and if anyone has tried it do you have any pictures and if anybody has any comments about this they would be appreciated.

johnsonfool wrote:

I seem to remember some people using rubbermaid containers to mount their boards in and using it to store the extension cords inside for storage. Is this a good idea and if anyone has tried it do you have any pictures and if anybody has any comments about this they would be appreciated.

Our own PlanetChristmas has a how to...

Here is the Link

Hope that helps

Do many people use this as an option. Just looking at the picture I love this idea. Are there any negatives or positives. I love LOR but hate the awkwardness of a 16 channel box with cords hanging off of it. What would be the cost of buying a rite time box and the extension cords versus a rubbermaid container and the outlets and covers. What do you think would be cheaper?

johnsonfool wrote:

Do many people use this as an option. Just looking at the picture I love this idea. Are there any negatives or positives. I love LOR but hate the awkwardness of a 16 channel box with cords hanging off of it. What would be the cost of buying a rite time box and the extension cords versus a rubbermaid container and the outlets and covers. What do you think would be cheaper?

Unless you bought ritetime boxes when they were on clearance for $1 the rubbermaid container will be about 10 times cheaper. The "negatives" are that they probably will not last as long and they weren't made for housing electrical parts. However, all you are really trying to do is keep the LOR board dry.

All the other components will cost exactly the same reguardless of what container or box you put them in. There is no law that says you have to use outlets and covers with a rubbermaid container. You can use extension cords or outlets whichever you prefer with either container. As a suggestion, try not to think in absolutes. No need to make things overly complicated.

TED

hopefully it will do a good job at it i seen another user on this board that had wood boxs for there lor boards with outlets thats where im getting my idea from

They are either LC8's and or LC16's (Animated Lighting boards). They (the bins) were built as I needed them. Location of the bins dictated the type of boards I would use. At this time I am using minis (over 85,000). When LED's come down in price I will be able to free up channels and rearrange the boards.