Light-O-Rama Forums

Control Lights working in Motion Effects Generator but not on Sequencer. Why?

wensteve

I'm using S5 and am controlling the lights in Sequencer.  When I click on the Motion Effects Generator, the lights that are connected are doing exactly what they are suppose to but then when I play the sequence, they just stay on solid colours or will turn off completely. I know I am missing something simple but I can't seem to find what that is. Any help would be appreciated.

16 minutes ago, wensteve said:

I'm using S5 and am controlling the lights in Sequencer.  When I click on the Motion Effects Generator, the lights that are connected are doing exactly what they are suppose to but then when I play the sequence, they just stay on solid colours or will turn off completely. I know I am missing something simple but I can't seem to find what that is. Any help would be appreciated.

I helped a member yesterday with this exact problem. Posted the results and process on the LOR Official FB page but in short

1- Ensure there is no jumper on JP5 on the controller

after that

2- Verify you preview is correct. He thought his was until I asked him to open a new sequence and manually assign the expected preview. Test this by only writing a sequence to the prop you are trying to repair.

I believe I helped you a few years ago and you may have my cell #, it is the same if you would like help shoot me a text.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thank you! I will look at the FB group. I did create a new preview as mine was starting to look like a big mess. I started a new sequence too...it still is happening but it looks right. 

I'm actually the person who called you the other day...from Canada.

:)

Check to see if you are using both Motion Effects AND color sequencing on the pixels themselves, separate of the motion effects

You are the second person in 2 days

I have reported the problem with video to MattBrown

We were able to fix the other members problem by reverting back to 5.6.0 software thanks to Phil Massey suggestion.

You may want to try that

JR

JR

Check to make sure you don’t have other motion effect rows that are assigned to the same prop that might have some sequencing in it or that a group of props doesn’t have some sequencing in it that is affecting the prop you are trying to run. I had a similar issue with a movie effect in another motion effect row for the same prop.  

4 minutes ago, Marty Belisle said:

Check to make sure you don’t have other motion effect rows that are assigned to the same prop that might have some sequencing in it or that a group of props doesn’t have some sequencing in it that is affecting the prop you are trying to run. I had a similar issue with a movie effect in another motion effect row for the same prop.  

That’s been done- it’s probably a bug

Thank you JR Dibb for realizing I had a bug with my version of Lightorama. He suggested I uninstall LOR 5.6.6 and install 5.6.0 and after doing that and not changing anything, it worked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Belisle said:

Thanks Marty! I guess it was just a bug with my Lightorama software, go figure.

I can't wait to see your show next week, the whole town is already talking buzzing about it. I drove past last week and saw you up on the roof, I wanted to honk and say "Hi" but I didn't want to scare you hahaha.

Happy Halloween!!

• Like 1

I've been running into a similar issue.  It seems to be triggered if I do a delete on the individual props and then try to add a motion effect to the group they are in (but I haven't been able to duplicate it on a consistent basis yet).  Most of the time if I unload and reload the sequence that fixes the issue.  Sometimes I need to unload/reload Sequencer itself.

If someone has a sequence that consistently displays this issue in version 5.6.6, could they please open a help desk ticket and attached the problem sequence file? Thanks!

Matt

8 hours ago, MattBrown said:

If someone has a sequence that consistently displays this issue in version 5.6.6, could they please open a help desk ticket and attached the problem sequence file? Thanks!

Matt

Matt, I sent you a PM but I have helped the OP and 4 others as of tonight

here is the thread I started 

8 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Matt

I will ask Jacob to create a ticket or I will ask him if I can share his sequence with you.

JR