Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with video

kdouglas

Will play 1st video on Playlist fine any video after that it will not play until I close out sequencer. A little screen  pops on my lap top that does not go away until close out sequencer. 

Using 3.12.4 advanced never had a problem before this year. 

On video preferences 

Display videos checked

Use full screen mode checked

20211009_150307.jpg

Look under the pulldown "Tools" then "Sequencer Preferences" then "Video". In my case, I'm using 5.6.6

Edited by dgrant

• 3 weeks later...

is it possible for LOR to control a projector that is able to be networked?

OP: are you adding a video to and existing musical sequence or making a sequence from the video?

I want to know if there is a way for LOR to control  the projector and Play videos on house windows (with sound muted) while I'm running a musical sequence. 

Depends on the projector and its capabilities. There's certainly different ways to handle it such as creating a shield to block the video display that's controlled by LOR. I had the idea to use an old computer CD drive, tap into the front switch, connect it to a relay, use a single channel of a controller output (relay 120v or 12v depending on the controller). Command the channel, it would trip the relay which would provide a contact closure (momentary only!!!) then the tray moves in or out as desired until the next command. The tray gets covered up(carefully) so that it only blocks the view but doesn't mess with the disc motor, or disable the motor.