Light-O-Rama Forums

Fading Singing Faces In and Out

jroot

Hello - Curious if anyone knows how to fade in or out singing faces in Superstar. Currently it's 100% from start to finish, would like fade in for a smoother effect. Thanks!

If you are starting out with one image, for example, starting out with the whole face with the mouth shut, you can do the following:

1- select the images you want to fade

2- In the Image dialog box in the lower left, set the "PreRamp" time to something like 1 second. 

3- click on the "Group Modify" button

The above will put a ramp at the beginning so that the images fade in over 1 second.

Following those steps, getting this error: "Error: there must be one more image actions selected in the time layers to do an image action group modify" and I've tired to solve for that piece a variety of ways but have no idea what it wants me to do.

Select the effects you want to modify. If you only have one effect selected you can just click on "modify."  If you have more than one effect selected you can use "group modify" to modify all selected effects.

The effects are the bars in the time layers near the top of the screen just below the toolbar.

Sorry, it took me a few days to get back to this but I'm still not getting it. Not sure why I'm so dense on this subject, I just don't do a ton in SS. I've attached a screenshot. I tried highlighting the bar as you said

Hi Brian, per our talk a couple days ago: I did make the upgrade to 5.5.6 and I'm now being <asked> to save when I leave. You might recall we were seeing mine auto-save upon exit on 5.5.1.6.