Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue with running shows via ELL

TSTMike
Go to solution Solved by TSTMike,

Hey everyone,

So I’ve setup a ELL connection between my computer and a LOR controller. The computer successfully connects to the controller when I connect via Hardware Utility. I am also able to turn the lights on/off via the test area of Hardware Utility.

The problem I’m facing now is that I am unable to run shows with ELL. If I connect to the controller via HU and then close HU to run a show on demand, nothing happens. My “scheduled shows” also dont do anything (and the status log doesn’t show any issues with the network).

I can run these shows just fine when hard wire connected to the controllers…the issue is only when I try to run them wireless.

not sure if it matters, but these are “simple”animation shows.

what am I missing here? Any insight you can offer would be much appreciated.

thanks!

What speed do you have the LOR network set to, and does that match the speed setting for the ELLs

Also, is the LOR network set for Enhanced.

Just now, Don said:

What types of controllers?

How are you connecting the ELL to the computer?

Hey Don,

I’m connecting to ELL via a USB485B. It connects fine via hardware utility (including testing on/off for channels) but just won’t run shows. 

I believe the controller I’m using for this display is a single “standard” 16 channel residential unit.

Just now, k6ccc said:

What speed do you have the LOR network set to, and does that match the speed setting for the ELLs

I will check on this and report back 

• Solution
18 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Figured out the issue! My network speeds were different between the network and the ELL.

thanks!!

7 hours ago, TSTMike said:

Figured out the issue! My network speeds were different between the network and the ELL.

thanks!!

That will do it.  Glad you got it working.