Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor 5.6.6 Pro not opening LMS files

RouthHurwitz

I upgraded to the latest release 5.6.6 and have run into a problem.  Has anyone had this happen?

Trying to open last year's S4 version of my files (LMS) and the program S5  locks up.  I was able to do this in the last release, but not the 5.6.6 release.  I was working on upgrading my files to S5 and hit a snag.

I have reloaded. and repaired my installation with no luck.  I have tried multiple LMS files from last year with the same result.

Any guidance is appreciated.

THX

The last release installed on my machine was 5.6.4.  I went ahead and loaded 5.6.6 and worked on other things like my previews and layout and new songs before looking to convert last year's show from S4 to S5.  While running the 5.6.4 version  I did upgrade two songs so I know it worked then and I can go back a version, but I always like to take advantage of the new features.  I can go back a version I just don't like losing features as LOR adds them.(LOL)

Any other ideas as to why this might be happening?

I just tried to open an LMS file from 2018 and it opened fine in 5.6.6.

Uninstall S5, delete the LOR folder in Programs x86, Reboot and reinstall a fresh download of 5.6.6.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RouthHurwitz said:

The last release installed on my machine was 5.6.4.  I went ahead and loaded 5.6.6 and worked on other things like my previews and layout and new songs before looking to convert last year's show from S4 to S5.  While running the 5.6.4 version  I did upgrade two songs so I know it worked then and I can go back a version, but I always like to take advantage of the new features.  I can go back a version I just don't like losing features as LOR adds them.(LOL)

Any other ideas as to why this might be happening?

You could attach a problem sequence to a help desk ticket and we can investigate. Be sure to reference this forum topic.