Light-O-Rama Forums

Show not playing all the sequences. Help

Box on Rails

2 days ago I ran the show on demand to create the show file. It ran for 8 hours and I never watched it. I just assumed it worked correctly and created the show. Last night I ran show on demand and 4 of the 10 sequences are skipped when the show runs. where do I start to fix this issue? 

10 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

2 days ago I ran the show on demand to create the show file. It ran for 8 hours and I never watched it. I just assumed it worked correctly and created the show. Last night I ran show on demand and 4 of the 10 sequences are skipped when the show runs. where do I start to fix this issue? 

Check your show schedule from previous years. It could be you have a stop or start show time in the calendar. I made that mistake once. It played the same songs over and over again skipping others.

JR

28 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Check your show schedule from previous years. It could be you have a stop or start show time in the calendar. I made that mistake once. It played the same songs over and over again skipping others.

JR

JR that is exactly what it's doing. I'll check that out tonight when I get home. Thank you

Kenny Jure

Also open the status window while the show on demand is playing and see what the errors are. Post a screenshot here if necessary.

Single left click on the lightbulb in the task bar.

• Like 2

I think I found the Issue. one of the songs was locking up when I tried to load it into the SE. So thinking it might also be locking up the show, I removed that song and now the show plays everything. Next I got to figure out what is wrong with that one Sequence.

Just for Info the com listener showed an error message number 10054 and then the next message was exiting. after I removed the bad sequence I never got that error again. 

1 hour ago, Box on Rails said:

I think I found the Issue. one of the songs was locking up when I tried to load it into the SE. So thinking it might also be locking up the show, I removed that song and now the show plays everything. Next I got to figure out what is wrong with that one Sequence.

Just for Info the com listener showed an error message number 10054 and then the next message was exiting. after I removed the bad sequence I never got that error again. 

It's usually NOT the sequence, but the audio file is corrupted.  You can either re-download the audio file used {MP3, WAV, etc.}, or you can try and load it into a music editor like Audacity, then re-save it back out {export} as the type audio file you need.   Now if the audio file refuse to load into a music editor, you will usually have a bad or corrupted audio file, and you'll need to re-download it.   Sometimes audio files don't download correctly.

I've done this with some of my audio files, some will load and are corrected when saved back out from a music editor {but not always}, the reason being sometimes the extension on the audio file may be incorrect, by loading it into a music editor, then resaving it in the format you need {WAV, MP3} will fix the playback or lock-up issues.

Good luck, and hope this may help.

BTW: The Calendar ALWAYS takes precedence over any other settings you have set up in the show editor!  I learned this one the hard way too. LOL

The show is working fine now.

The single problem sequence is not cooperating at all. The problem sequence has been edited 10 different ways on my sequencing computer then transferred to the show computer. and it still locks the show computer up every time. I used my DAW to edit the MP3 and I saved it in Wave format I saved it in 3 different compression ratios for MP3. I renamed the sequence and made minor changes and it still locked up the SE and my computer. something in that sequence is not setting well in my show computer. Did I mention there were imbedded GIF files too. I extracted them and It didn't help either. My show will go on with out the Spooky Scary Skeletons. I have no Idea what is going on with this one sequence. It works fine on one computer and shuts down the show on the other. anyways thanks for all the helpful info. 

35 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

The show is working fine now.

The single problem sequence is not cooperating at all. The problem sequence has been edited 10 different ways on my sequencing computer then transferred to the show computer. and it still locks the show computer up every time. I used my DAW to edit the MP3 and I saved it in Wave format I saved it in 3 different compression ratios for MP3. I renamed the sequence and made minor changes and it still locked up the SE and my computer. something in that sequence is not setting well in my show computer. Did I mention there were imbedded GIF files too. I extracted them and It didn't help either. My show will go on with out the Spooky Scary Skeletons. I have no Idea what is going on with this one sequence. It works fine on one computer and shuts down the show on the other. anyways thanks for all the helpful info. 

Interesting.  Perhaps, upgrading to version 5.6.6, the latest version of S5 and try it?   Sometimes, and for whatever reason, some sequences, even if created on an older version won't run in the version it was created on or in {weird, isn't it?}.  Have no idea why.  But that's the only other thing I can think of to even try or suggest, and see what happens.   I have had to update to newer versions for similar issues in the past.  Have no idea why the sequence just didn't want to work or work correctly, as it followed the same exact layout of all other sequences, but just one would sometimes be a problem child, like the one giving you issues.

Good Luck.

7 hours ago, Orville said:

Interesting.  Perhaps, upgrading to version 5.6.6, the latest version of S5 and try it?   Sometimes, and for whatever reason, some sequences, even if created on an older version won't run in the version it was created on or in {weird, isn't it?}.  Have no idea why.  But that's the only other thing I can think of to even try or suggest, and see what happens.   I have had to update to newer versions for similar issues in the past.  Have no idea why the sequence just didn't want to work or work correctly, as it followed the same exact layout of all other sequences, but just one would sometimes be a problem child, like the one giving you issues.

Good Luck.

It's nuts. This is the last thing I'm trying. Last night I created a whole new sequence with a new .wav file and I will test it out today. I'll let you all know how it goes. 

17 hours ago, Orville said:

BTW: The Calendar ALWAYS takes precedence over any other settings you have set up in the show editor!  I learned this one the hard way too. LOL

Last time I checked, the Calendar (Schedule Editor) and Show Editor do NOT have overlapping configurable options.

12 hours ago, Box on Rails said:

The single problem sequence is not cooperating at all.

See if you can play the music file outside of LOR. The LOR software uses Windows software to play the file. If a song isn't working in the software, then it's highly possible it won't work in the regular media player as well.

All the MP3 and wav files play fine, I created a whole new sequence with the the tested wav file on the sequencing computer and it played fine. copied it's folder and 2 other new sequence folders and moved them to the show computer and I opened the new sequences one at a time. the first and second opened right up and played fine. then I loaded the new sequence of the old problem song and it locked up the computer again. CTL-ALT-DEL did nothing and a 5 second hold on the power button. so it's got to be my show computer and possibly one of the animated GIFs. I give up on this song this year. I still have almost an hour long show and as they say in show business " The show must go on" Thanks for all the help. 

Kenny