Light-O-Rama Forums

need help my 5 lor 16 ch a/c units only 1,4and 5 output in S5

randy88cougar
Go to solution Solved by randy88cougar,

When i plug my rs485 into my S5 laptop units 2 and 3 do not output. however when plugged into my old show computer with last years S4 and old shows all 5 work properly. i tried making a new preview in S5 creating 5 lor units 1-5 using the add A lightorama device(Ac controller,cosmic,pixi,pixcon,flood,ect.) option. Then writing a quick program and copy paste all channels to shimmer. even that has unit 2 and 3 not outputing. does anyone know what it is that i am missing.

it has to be something with the preview (i.e visulizer) maybe there is another setting i have to set for S5 to see those lor controllers they are the CTB16PCG3 I also have them chained 5 is first from computer then 4,2,3,1 but i dont think that matters after you set the unit id's

As TheDucks said, the older AC controllers can not operate at 500 or Enhanced LOR mode.

• Solution

ok it looks like i got it. you guys were dead on the network was in enhanced mode. turns out with all my switching around of computers and  writting sequences in S5 which uses motion effects. i got all turned around and was not realizing it. what threw me was some of my boxes were working. maybe because they are newer or have more up to date firmware. anyone know if that could be true of all my boxes with updates. i would really like to use motion effects for my a/c display if at all possible. anyway thanks everybody this S5 upgrade has been a heck of a time. but i think it will be worth it in the end.

1 hour ago, randy88cougar said:

it has to be something with the preview (i.e visulizer) maybe there is another setting i have to set for S5 to see those lor controllers they are the CTB16PCG3 I also have them chained 5 is first from computer then 4,2,3,1 but i dont think that matters after you set the unit id's

39 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

As TheDucks said, the older AC controllers can not operate at 500 or Enhanced LOR mode.

Those do not sound like older controllers to me Jim.  He states they are G3, see the area I bolded in the quote above yours from him.  So those should work at 500K, and I believe the G3's also work in Enhanced Mode, but I don't know for sure about the enhanced option on a regular network.  So there has to be some setting somewhere he's missing.   I'm just trying to figure out S5 myself, so I don't know enough about adding controllers or anything as yet.  But from what I've read, and his IDs are all set correctly, and he has the prop definitions set properly for those controllers, they all should be working.   I'm thinking his prop definition file is where the error has been made, as in there isn't one for those particular controllers for what they control, and hence, why nothing is being output from them from S5.   I'm not saying this is definitely the culprit, but from what tutorials I've watched and documentation I've read, that would be the first place I would be looking at.

Edited by Orville

@Orville

Regular is just the default name for the first LOR Adapter. It has the same option as AuxA...

ok so i just talk with lor help desk. they confirmed that gen 1 and 2 are no go. but gen 3 can in fact do enhanced mode just updated from verion 1.06 to 1.11 now everything works even at 500k and with motion effects in S5 thanks everybody for your help.

• Like 1