Light-O-Rama Forums

Wow lights sequences

scramos72

Wow lights sequences. I am a newbie to Lightorama and I recently purchased some Halloween stuff from wowlights and they provided five sequences,two of them come with licenses and three of them you have to get the music yourself from Amazon. First off I will say that I did get 2 sequences from Lightorama and was able to get those working just fine to test my equipment. The ones from  wow lights will only play the music but no sequence.I spent hours trying to testes in the garage before putting them in the yard and nothing works. I am looking for any help to get these going! Thank you in advance for any help.

Lightorama has an installer that makes all their purchased sequences work out of the box because it installs everything. With Wow Lights and version 5 of the Showtime sequencing software you need to import the preview first. If you import and try and run the sequence without a preview then most likely what's happening is all of your props are being archived and thus the sequence is actually running but there is nothing showing up in the window because there's no props active.. That one tripped me up too at one point. You can get the preview by going into your account page and picking the sequence that you purchased and there should be a link to download and install the preview. You want the preview that matches your purchased sequence either a standard one or one for pixels. To import a preview you should open the Showtime sequencer and look in the upper  right side of the screen and you will see the preview "fly out" and then from there there's an import function. Hope this helps. 

1 hour ago, LaughsBrightly said:

Lightorama has an installer that makes all their purchased sequences work out of the box because it installs everything. With Wow Lights and version 5 of the Showtime sequencing software you need to import the preview first. If you import and try and run the sequence without a preview then most likely what's happening is all of your props are being archived and thus the sequence is actually running but there is nothing showing up in the window because there's no props active.. That one tripped me up too at one point. You can get the preview by going into your account page and picking the sequence that you purchased and there should be a link to download and install the preview. You want the preview that matches your purchased sequence either a standard one or one for pixels. To import a preview you should open the Showtime sequencer and look in the upper  right side of the screen and you will see the preview "fly out" and then from there there's an import function. Hope this helps. 

Hey thank you very much for the information. I actually have what I think is the preview on the screen and it shows all matched to preview. I run it on the next screen and it shows everything blinking and the song playing. I save it and then when I put it into my SD card only the music plays and that’s it. I must be missing something but I can’t figure out what it is

23 minutes ago, scramos72 said:

Hey thank you very much for the information. I actually have what I think is the preview on the screen and it shows all matched to preview. I run it on the next screen and it shows everything blinking and the song playing. I save it and then when I put it into my SD card only the music plays and that’s it. I must be missing something but I can’t figure out what it is

You have to either copy paste the WoW sequence to your grid view or uou have to change their preview

Much easier to copy paste to yours

JR

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You have to either copy paste the WoW sequence to your grid view or uou have to change their preview

JR

JR

I watched several videos and I have tried everything you guys have said I must be missing something here because all I get is the music playing and no lights! 

Do you have a Preview for your show/ house or whatever you are attempting to light?

BTW- how many controllers do you have and what type?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Do you have a Preview for your show/ house or whatever you are attempting to light?

BTW- how many controllers do you have and what type?

JR

I am only using one controller for this light show at the moment. I decided to do a Halloween show so I can learn how to use the stuff because I have four more controllers for Christmas LOL. The controller that I’m using for the Halloween show is a CTB16PCg3 

We did a preview but I can’t be sure I did it right and then we copy and paste did the whole sequence into it and it still just plays this song

ALL my sequences are WOWLights. I created my own S5 preview, but I mapped all of the channels in my preview to the WOW Lights preview.   Whenever I make any additions, I add controller unit numbers that DO NOT match anything from WOWLights. In that case, then, yes, I need to copy paste or create my own sequencing. I then save the preview. Doing it this way, I am able to QUICKLY add new WOWLights sequences. When I open the new sequence, I immediately assign my own preview. You may need to, as mentioned above, add props to your channel config and order them the way you want it, then export it. Once you have the sequence, preview and channel config the way you want, it is REALLY easy to add sequences. Install the new sequence, assign the preview and import the channel config and you should be go to go.

One thing I ran into  is to make sure that when you create groups is to check the "Use Preview" circle under the Arrangement area on the right side of the Preview Group Definition box.

Some screen shots of your open sequence with channel config would help us to know if anything (or everything!) is archived. Also, check that your preview does not have any channel conflicts or other warnings.     

21 minutes ago, tlogan said:

ALL my sequences are WOWLights. I created my own S5 preview, but I mapped all of the channels in my preview to the WOW Lights preview.   Whenever I make any additions, I add controller unit numbers that DO NOT match anything from WOWLights. In that case, then, yes, I need to copy paste or create my own sequencing. I then save the preview. Doing it this way, I am able to QUICKLY add new WOWLights sequences. When I open the new sequence, I immediately assign my own preview. You may need to, as mentioned above, add props to your channel config and order them the way you want it, then export it. Once you have the sequence, preview and channel config the way you want, it is REALLY easy to add sequences. Install the new sequence, assign the preview and import the channel config and you should be go to go.

One thing I ran into  is to make sure that when you create groups is to check the "Use Preview" circle under the Arrangement area on the right side of the Preview Group Definition box.

Some screen shots of your open sequence with channel config would help us to know if anything (or everything!) is archived. Also, check that your preview does not have any channel conflicts or other warnings.     

So I have tried sharing pictures and no matter what I do it says they are over the 500 kB. I had a guy that has a Lightorama set up at my house for 3 hours last night trying to help and he can’t  figure it out either! 

The storage on the forums miniscule.

Use a web service like Google Drive or Onedrive and post a link. They all have a free tier.

8 minutes ago, scramos72 said:

So I have tried sharing pictures and no matter what I do it says they are over the 500 kB. I had a guy that has a Lightorama set up at my house for 3 hours last night trying to help and he can’t  figure it out either! 

If he is S4 and not familiar with S5 that would be a problem. 

20 hours ago, LaughsBrightly said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pAfn2LwV-psqvznD_vty_uV7N8JPMNMR/view?usp=drivesdk

I will take some more pictures when I get home tonight I have to work. I did actually make a preview with my house on it but I’m not sure what’s happening after that. I can’t get the sequence to work just the music

15 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

If he is S4 and not familiar with S5 that would be a problem. 

And yes he said he programs all his own sequences and eventually I wanna do that but I just wanted a few sequences to get me by this year and then learn how to do that. He said he’s never messed with the Lightorama /Wowlights sequences!

1 minute ago, scramos72 said:

And yes he said he programs all his own sequences and eventually I wanna do that but I just wanted a few sequences to get me by this year and then learn how to do that. He said he’s never messed with the Lightorama /Wowlights sequences!

Is he S4 or S5?

JR

17 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Is he S4 or S5?

JR

I never got around to asking him that. He just said that he had a much older system and he’s been doing it for like six or seven yearsI never got around to asking him that. He just said that he had a much older system and he’s been doing it for like six or seven years

26 minutes ago, scramos72 said:

Please use the Windows Snipping tool (or its successor), way easier on the readability. It has configuration options, like delay, to give you tome to activate Pulldown Menus you want captured.

You then save (as Jpeg? ) for uploading

9 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Please use the Windows Snipping tool (or its successor), way easier on the readability. It has configuration options, like delay, to give you tome to activate Pulldown Menus you want captured.

You then save (as Jpeg? ) for uploading

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ik8G027l8MvjCa6ty-I_Ae45wyfsJJvU/view?usp=drivesdk

• Like 1