Light-O-Rama Forums

my show worked two nights ago but not now

Tawni1971

I got into LOR last year and everything worked fine with a little help.  I bought some new sequences yesterday and used the sequence editor to put sequence to music.  I am not not getting a show.  the music plays but not the lights.  I dont know what I am doing wrong,  can someone please help me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 11:23 AM, 75redman said:

Unless your channel config is the same it will not work.  You need to copy and paste to your channel config.

Hello, I am having this same issue, can you elaborate on what you mean by channel config? So with each prop i just had set my channels 1 - 16 is there a configuration somewhere i am missing? Is it in sequencer, hardware, or where?

When you assign a prop or string of lights to LOR, you need to understand that the software needs directions to the prop/string. This is done by first selecting the type of communication such as a regular LOR Buss, Enhanced LOR Buss, DMX and etc...Next, your controller needs to be identified. For the sake of keeping it simple, we'll talk about an AC controller only. Your computer will output from a USB to an LOR USB/Serial adapter. This changes the data into an RS485 protocol. On RS485, you could hang up to 64 devices out there on that same comm line/daisy chain. Next, the software needs a controller ID#. Typically the first one is ID# 01. That controller needs to be programed to ID# 01. Within that controller now are 16 channels, ID 01, Channels 1-16. Each one is a 120vac output. The controller not only turns on/off the 120vac but can vary the 120vac down to 0vac and anywhere between, therefore fades, twinkles, shimmers and so on. Lastly, there's a program in LOR that needs to be running in the background to handle all this communication. The control panel or tray. If you are testing with the HW(hardware Utility, then don't turn on the control panel/tray, but when ready to run a sequence or show, turn off the HW Utility, turn on the control panel/tray. Simply put, you can't run both at the same time.

Another place to look is NP or Network Preferences. One of the tabs is LOR. You can easily see which controllers are assigned to which network therefore identifying what you might have done wrong.

11 hours ago, Zylo said:

Hello, I am having this same issue, can you elaborate on what you mean by channel config? So with each prop i just had set my channels 1 - 16 is there a configuration somewhere i am missing? Is it in sequencer, hardware, or where?

Could you list your hardware LOR assignments.  eg. 01 CTB04, 02 CTB16, 03 CMB24,

A sequence contains both the ID to use and The Channel to control  (I'm at S4, so I can't tell you how to check YOUR sequence for this)

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Could you list your hardware LOR assignments.  eg. 01 CTB04, 02 CTB16, 03 CMB24,

A sequence contains both the ID to use and The Channel to control  (I'm at S4, so I can't tell you how to check YOUR sequence for this)

In S5, that information is in the Preview.