Light-O-Rama Forums

P5 DMX E1.31

Peponne31

Hello,

I have just made a matrix made up of 16 P5 panels that I would like to pilot with a Falcon Player (FPP) version 3.6.2 surmounted by a black Beaglebone card. The matrix is made up of 32768 Pixels or 98304 channels. The FPPD card is in Bridge E1.31 mode and to date, I can only drive 24 Universes out of a total of 192. Can Lor drive this material?

Kind regards

Mr. ESTRUGA Pedro

Yes, LOR can drive a large matrix panel.  I have 108 universes for my panels and another 42 universes in use.  A couple questions.

Is your LOR Preview correctly showing 192 universes?

If you look at the Comm Listener display, does it appear to show all the universes opened (no, I don't expect you to count all 192 - just a sampling)?

If you look at the FPP status display, does it show packet counts on all 192 universes?

In FPP, when you use the built in test page, does the entire matrix work?

Hello k6ccc,

Thank you for answering me.

Is your LOR Preview correctly showing 192 universes? Yes
In Comm Listener display, I find my Universes of my PixCon cards and others but no Universes of my matrix.
If you look at the FPP status display, does it show packet counts on all 192 universes? Only the first 24 Universes of my matrix (200 to 224) the others are at 0.
In FPP, when you use the built in test page, does the entire matrix work? Yes
Regards
Peponne31

Good evening k6ccc,

I am correcting my previous post, in Comm Listener, I have 25 Universes (from 200 to 224), I am missing 167 Universes,
Do you have an idea ?
Regards
Peponne31

Can you post a screen capture of the matrix setup in the Prop Editor of the Preview Editor?

Second, can you post a screen capture of the Network Preferences?  I realize that you won't be able to get al 192 universes in one screen capture.

Hello k6ccc,

I reshaped the matrix in Lor so that my channels were continuous, so I started at Universe 180 up to 371 which represents 192 channels, but I have no more display, I also reconfigure the FPP in and out to start at Universe 180, no effect. On this link, no possibility to save the requested screenshots.
In xLights I have configured the matrix identically and it works.
Greetings
Peponne31

5 hours ago, Peponne31 said:

so I started at Universe 180 up to 371 which represents 192 channels,

Using those universes is fine, but that's not what is in your Preview.  In the Preview, you have the matrix starting at 200.  Also, please get out of the habit of referring to a universe as a "channel".  Same issue as when people refer to a pixel output from a pixel controller as a "channel".

When you go into Network Preferences, do you have all 192 universes defined?  And are you using multicast or specify (and then giving the IP address of the FPP instance)?  I HIGHLY recommend "Specify" (with is really unicast).

When you look at the status page in FPP, do you see packets counting on all 192 universes?

If you have TeamViewer installed on your computer, and am more than happy to do a remote session with you as it may be far faster than back and forth forum posts.  A phone call as an alternative to a remote session.

• This topic was locked and unlocked