Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I keep a couple outputs running continuosly without being affected by shows?

Grady29
Go to solution Solved by PhilMassey,

Hello-

I would like keep my FM transmitter and stereo controlled via light o rama.  Is there a way to control 2 outputs on my CTB-16B controller so they can go on and off at any given time, without being affected by shows? 

• Solution

If you create a sequence and preview with ONLY those two rows you can run it as a background sequence in the shpw blayer.

HOWEVER  it is a waste of good channels IMO where a simple timer would suffice.

ALSO I doubt the FM or the Stereo would take kindly to being accidentally dimmed and might even pick up some audio noise from the controller.

Again, a simple $10 timer would suffice.

4 hours ago, Grady29 said:

Sounds good.  I didn't think about if I accidentally had a channel dimmed.  Will go the plug in timer route. Thanks.

If it is a G3 (green LED), Use the HU to set the dimming curve on the channel to ON-OFF. I have 2 channels (15+16) the are set that way for things that should not dim (mini strobes), And I put a label on the box to that effect affect.

While it may be overkill, I run my show from a computer, so I bought a PowerUSB, which is a power strip that can be controlled by running a command on the computer. I use empty sequences that run Windows commands: One sequence is named "radioon" and one is named "radio off". Those sequences are loaded from the Startup and Shutdown parts of my show.