Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB08Dg3 Circuit Board

Donl1150

I currently have 3 singing AC faces, each of which have 8 separate circuits.  In past years, I have used two CTB16PC controllers to run them.   On one controller, channels 1-8 controlled one face and channels 9-16 controlled the other face.  The second controller uses channels 1-8 for a face and channels 9-16 for miscellaneous other items in the area.

This method worked well over the years but because they are 16 channel controllers, I typically have had the faces near each other to minimize the length of extension cords needed.  This year I want to spread the faces out further and would like to have an 8 channel controller dedicated for each face.  Will this circuit board (CTB08Dg3) the trick for me?   I have assembled all of my controllers in the past but always used the 16 channel type.  

Thanks

Don

Edited by Donl1150
16 not 6 channel

42 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

I currently have 3 singing AC faces, each of which have 8 separate circuits.  In past years, I have used two CTB16PC controllers to run them.   On one controller, channels 1-8 controlled one face and channels 9-16 controlled the other face.  The second controller uses channels 1-8 for a face and channels 9-16 for miscellaneous other items in the area.

This method worked well over the years but because they are 16 channel controllers, I typically have had the faces near each other to minimize the length of extension cords needed.  This year I want to spread the faces out further and would like to have an 8 channel controller dedicated for each face.  Will this circuit board (CTB08Dg3) the trick for me?   I have assembled all of my controllers in the past but always used the 6 channel type.  

Thanks

Don

I don't see an issue. IT WILL consume additional LOR ID's, but that is not an issue with a Pro level user

Actually, I want to get the neighbors involved and put them in their yard across the street.   Via ELL’s that I already have and don’t use right now.  

2 minutes ago, Donl1150 said:

Actually, I want to get the neighbors involved and put them in their yard across the street.   Via ELL’s that I already have and don’t use right now.  

That's a PERFECT reason to go with separate controllers.  HOWEVER, you do realize that after they get involved, they are going to want to do more - and you wont have any channels available.  Just food for thought.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, k6ccc said:

That's a PERFECT reason to go with separate controllers.  HOWEVER, you do realize that after they get involved, they are going to want to do more - and you wont have any channels available.  Just food for thought.

Never looked at it like that Jim.  Thanks.  That is good point.  It will be better to use the 16 channel controller with 8 channels on the face leaving 8 unused since they will most likely say "can we add a few more things along with the face?".  Get another person hooked on the hobby!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Donl1150 said:

Never looked at it like that Jim.  Thanks.  That is good point.  It will be better to use the 16 channel controller with 8 channels on the face leaving 8 unused since they will most likely say "can we add a few more things along with the face?".  Get another person hooked on the hobby!

You've got it!