Light-O-Rama Forums

How to set up a Standard AC Mega Tree in Preview

TheSignGuy

So I have an old school 32ch Mega Tree 16ch Red and 16ch White. When I set it up in preview I used Tree 360 wedge, it looks right but it includes Motion effects in SE.

On the Lights panel I set up: Dimming Curve/none - Traditional/Channel per color

On the Channels it displays the correct unit # and 16 channels.

This is AC so I need the standard channels to display not the ME, what did I do wrong?

2 hours ago, TheSignGuy said:

This is AC so I need the standard channels to display not the ME, what did I do wrong?

You told it to add Motion Effects rows in the prop preview in Preview Editor.

11 hours ago, k6ccc said:

You told it to add Motion Effects rows in the prop preview in Preview Editor.

Any way to change that or try the S4 vis file?

52 minutes ago, TheSignGuy said:

Any way to change that or try the S4 vis file?

Well, that's what I get for answering without trying something that I don't normally do...

The option to add Motion Effects only exists if you set the tree for RGB.  When set for Traditional / Channel per color, that option does not exist.  Additionally when creating a new sequence, even if selecting the option to add Motion Effects rows for pixel props, no Motion Effects rows are created for the traditional tree.  I then tried to open one of my existing sequences and change it to use the test Preview.  Again, it did not create Motion Effects rows for the traditional tree.

So, are you SURE it is creating Motion Effects rows?  Can you post screen captures of your setup screens and Sequencer.  Note:  better to upload photos or images to a public website and past the URL into your message rather than uploading the images here (VERY limited storage space).

You did your tree slightly different than mine.  I did the tree as a traditional tree with channel per color with two colors whereas you did two separate props.

In any case, I changed my test preview to make it the same way you did it and I still did not get an automatic Motion Effects row unless I manually added them in Sequencer.

And you can simply select the ME row, right click and delete the row.

I got most of the set-up in the preview, it might have been the first thing I set up and just figured out that it was wrong. Thank you for the replies, just trying to understand how and why... 

If I change it like you did will it mess up the sequences I already did, as long as the units are the same and the channels are there I would assume it will not?

Thank you

50 minutes ago, TheSignGuy said:

If I change it like you did will it mess up the sequences I already did, as long as the units are the same and the channels are there I would assume it will not?

At worst you may have to do some copy and paste from the old to the new.