Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing with motion effects

WayneKremer

Hello all!

I know how to lay down motion effects into a sequence, but I haven't seen any tutorial or anything on showing how they should be properly used in a sequence.  Things like...

• How to transition from one motion effect to another (smoothly)
  • How to properly lay down motion effects on the timeline (smoothly)
  • How to adjust a motion effect on the timeline.  E.g. moving it a little left or a little to the right...or adding/trimming it's time

Is there any good video on showing these kinds of tips/tricks?  thx!

Wayne

I always use at least two rows for each item so I can crossfade between them or layer them if I want to. Think video editing .

There is a drag edges tool approximately in the middle of the toolbar, looks like two tiny red arrows. Turn it on and you can drag or make a fade depending on where you grab it with the mouse.

It's tricky to grab until you get used to it 

You can always copy and paste cells to increase the length or delete extra length.

To apply a motion effect to a specific length, select that area and right click on add motion effect.

Just a few ideas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

...Turn it on and you can drag or make a fade...

I am going to have to try this tonight.  I have always wondered how to fade on/off a motion effect.  To date I have only done it on solid colors (no motion) by doing a fade in a AC row and copying it to the motion row.

Thank you!  This helps immensely!  That seems like the correct way of applying motion effects.  Funny enough, I haven't seen any videos or tutorials making use of any of the items you mention above. 

for fading out an existing effect motion or otherwise, you can also select the area you want the fade to occur on and do a CTRL-D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 4:46 PM, WayneKremer said:

Thank you!  This helps immensely!  That seems like the correct way of applying motion effects.  Funny enough, I haven't seen any videos or tutorials making use of any of the items you mention above. 

Here are all of my RGB tutorials - hopefully they help! https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5dKqcprhEGxz669BDoVmOWnORhUZDgeM