Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Flood colors

Dr_Aplet

Has any one found that the color pallet, when building a sequence is not even close to what comes on the lights?  While sequencing I select a color and build a sequence only to find that it doesn't come out at all.  for example i picked orange but it came our white. same with purple?  what i have found to do is go to the hardware settings and manually dial the colors in.  i set the base color then add the complementary color and calculate the number by multiplying by 2.55

what i mean:

to get orange

on the "LOR hardware"  

Red =100%
Green= 2%

100 = 255 in the color pallet
Red= 255
Blue=0
green= 2% X2.55= 5

in the sequencer in the color pallet put in those numbers and you will get that color.  That's a lot of work to go through and it looks like red in the color pallet. is there anything that can be done?  do i need to do a hardware compensation? i dont want to spend forever building a sequence that looks like i am color blind.

• 2 weeks later...

Has this been resolved?  I am having the same issues and I thought it was issues with the flood or the CMB24D board.

4 hours ago, chris4851 said:

Has this been resolved?  I am having the same issues and I thought it was issues with the flood or the CMB24D board.

What you see on your computer screen is always going vary to some degree from what is shown on your actual lights. A proper purple on my pixels is almost black on my monitor. And not just color - white at 40% brightness is medium gray on a monitor, but is still white on pixels. Setting the dimming curve to "pixel curve" in prop definition will put you in the right ballpark. But if you are after a specific color, testing on the actual lights is required... as was described in the first post.