Light-O-Rama Forums

Input Pup Interactive Inputs for Button

c7williams

What I am wanting to do is hook up two buttons to input pups that will trigger a sequence to play.

My question is that if I hook up the trigger to a CTB16 on Reg Network will the trigger carry to the rest of the network or will the sequence only play on the CTB16 that the device is hooked up to and not the rest of my CTB16 and PIXIE16s?

I am thinking it will play over the whole network based on how my sequence but just want to confirm.

The inputs get sent to the show player.  One important note, any controller that will be used for inputs MUST be on a NON-Enhanced LOR network.  Can't be used on an Enhanced network.

29 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

The inputs get sent to the show player.  One important note, any controller that will be used for inputs MUST be on a NON-Enhanced LOR network.  Can't be used on an Enhanced network.

@k6ccc thank you

• 3 weeks later...

@k6ccc I just got my button and set up a test sequence. Right now I set up a 10 second sequence where it turns a strand of lights red. Prior to pressing the button the lights are set to be blue as they are programmed in the animation sequence. When I press the button the lights go red blue red blue red blue like the sequences are trying to compete for priority. What I want to do its have it so when the button is pushed that the trigger sequence takes priority over the sequence currently playing. Is this possible?

You got it exactly right on what is going on.  You can not have two sequences trying to control the same channel (or channels) at the same time.  Not only having the channel off in one sequence, it can't even be in the preview.  So let me explain what I am doing...

In my year round landscape lighting sequence, I have about 80 channels that are used - scattered over my front yard.  I also have three RGB channel sets for my porch steps.  In my startup sequence, I use a preview that has all 80 of the landscape channels AND the 9 channels for the porch steps.   At the end of the startup sequence, all lights are left on (very important).  The 80 landscape sequences use a preview that does NOT have the steps.  Since there are no commands for the steps, they just stay the way they were (a very dim soft white).  When the interactive sequences are triggered, they use a preview that ONLY has the steps.  After the interactive sequence runs, the lights go back to the dim warm white and wait for the next interactive trigger.  Make sense?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 7:06 PM, k6ccc said:

You got it exactly right on what is going on.  You can not have two sequences trying to control the same channel (or channels) at the same time.  Not only having the channel off in one sequence, it can't even be in the preview.  So let me explain what I am doing...

In my year round landscape lighting sequence, I have about 80 channels that are used - scattered over my front yard.  I also have three RGB channel sets for my porch steps.  In my startup sequence, I use a preview that has all 80 of the landscape channels AND the 9 channels for the porch steps.   At the end of the startup sequence, all lights are left on (very important).  The 80 landscape sequences use a preview that does NOT have the steps.  Since there are no commands for the steps, they just stay the way they were (a very dim soft white).  When the interactive sequences are triggered, they use a preview that ONLY has the steps.  After the interactive sequence runs, the lights go back to the dim warm white and wait for the next interactive trigger.  Make sense?

Where can I find a button? 

42 minutes ago, Lightnewbie said:

Where can I find a button? 

Any pushbutton switch will do.  If there is an electronics store around (that has components), or an auto parts store for local sources.  Amazon will give you more options than you can imagine.  https://www.digikey.com/ or https://www.mouser.com/ will give you even more.

Industrial buttons (NON-LOCKING) will offer proof against harsh environments (Rain), but they cost and still need the enclosure (could be your prop) .You could go all out and do the "Voice" look.

Horn button from an Auto supply store is a cheaper way

• 4 weeks later...

@k6cccI got my buttons all up and wired and set up as a show. I have them set up using soundboard so when each button is pressed the associated sequence will play and when the other one is pressed that sequence will  play and take over priority. My only issue is that I have those animation sequences set to be 1 minute long but the lights from the sequences stay on.. and the checkbox for "turn used likes off" is checked... any ideas?

3 minutes ago, c7williams said:

@k6cccI got my buttons all up and wired and set up as a show. I have them set up using soundboard so when each button is pressed the associated sequence will play and when the other one is pressed that sequence will  play and take over priority. My only issue is that I have those animation sequences set to be 1 minute long but the lights from the sequences stay on.. and the checkbox for "turn used likes off" is checked... any ideas?

Our friend Phil Massey posted a workaround for that earlier. Make the last 1/10th second of the sequence off. The llghts should shut off. The OP to that thread stated that it worked. I use the MIIP- well when I had a show.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

58 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Our friend Phil Massey posted a workaround for that earlier. Make the last 1/10th second of the sequence off. The llghts should shut off. The OP to that thread stated that it worked. I use the MIIP- well when I had a show.

JR

GREAT idea! Worked perfect! Thanks. Ive been up to way to long! lol. idk why i could not think of that on my own! LOL

11 minutes ago, c7williams said:

GREAT idea! Worked perfect! Thanks. Ive been up to way to long! lol. idk why i could not think of that on my own! LOL

I pick Phils brain almost daily. Well not as much lately during the busy season but we text. He is a great asset to this hobby and I read and try to take in anything he says. This time you was lucky and I just read it earlier. Tomorrow I would have probably forgotten it. Give Phil some "likes".

JR

• Like 1